Mercedes-Benz has revealed the new SLS AMG GT. Available as a Coupe and Roadster, it will go on sale in mid- November 2012, replacing previous SLS AMG versions. That means the GT in SLS AMG is not a new addition to the range, but a replacement.
6.3 liter V8 is updated to produce 20 extra hp, now rated at 583 hp. There is also a re-calibrated AMG SPEEDSHIFT DCT 7-speed sports transmission and an AMG Adaptive Suspension.
A new optional AMG designo STYLE interior package is now also available for the 2013 SLS AMG GT.
According to Tobias Moers, Board Member and Head of Overall Vehicle Development for Mercedes-AMG GmbH: “The new SLS AMG GT demonstrates the sort of potential which lies in AMG’s super sports cars. With its even higher levels of performance, the SLS AMG GT excites out on the race track in particular by providing an emotionally enjoyable and passionate driving experience.”
Compared to the current SLS AMG, the SLS AMG GT is distinguished by darkened headlamp and tail light lenses a unique wheel color and red-painted brake calipers. The wing-shaped cross fins and the star recess in the radiator grille are given a new high-gloss black finish, as do the exterior mirrors and the fins on the hood and front fenders. The AMG logo on the right of the trunk lid also features the additional letters “GT” to clearly identify this new model.
0-60 mph comes now in 3.6 seconds and the max speed remains electronically limited at 197mph.
- Aston Martin Vanquish Volante revealed – ultimate british open top GT
- Watch “perfect dudes” perform wild tricks with Fiat 500C Abarths
- British Grand Prix Preview
- All-new BMW 4 Series Coupe revealed, replaces the 3 Series Coupe
- Audi A4 Avant with 380 horsepower by ABT Sportsline
- 30 millionth Volkswagen Golf drives off the assembly line in Wolfsburg
- PICTURES: Porsche Cayenne S Diesel shows its off-road capabilities
- New Porsche LMP1 prototype revealed ahead of 2014 season
- Rolls-Royce Wraith coupe in motion on British country roads (video)
- SEAT Leon Verde plug-in electric prototype unveiled – based on Leon hatchback