Over the last year we have seen plenty of spy photos of the new supercar called SLS 63 AMG, which is the first vehicle in company’s history developed by the performance brand AMG.
Beginning of March they made a surprising move and released a whole set of pictures showing the prototype and images of its chassis and engine.
Now they have released some design sketches and production ready interior images of this supercar.
According to Mercedes-Benz, SLS AMG has a puristic sports car interior that combines lightweight construction with dynamism and high emotional appeal.
Designers behind the interior are sure that when someone opens the gullwing door an aircraft cockpit should come to their mind.
Dashboard is wing-shaped and the center console looks like jet’s operating console. Air vents look like aircraft engines.
Of course everything is finished with the finest leather and carbon fiber facings. Solid metal is an option.
SLS 63 AMG is built on aluminum spaceframe body with gullwing doors. Power comes from AMG’s 6.3-liter V8 with front-mid configuration that develops 571 horsepower and 650 Nm of torque at 4750 rpm. Power is sent to rear wheels via seven-speed dual-clutch transmission.
SLS 63 AMG testing should be done by the end of this year, with sales starting next spring. We expect to see more prototypes with less disguise soon and are sure that there will be more official details before the production model is revealed.
For previous photos of the prototype click here.
SLS 63 AMG prototype video from winter tests in Sweden:
- This is the new 2015 Ford Mustang with EcoBoost power, independent rear suspension and sleeker design
- Epic video: Ferrari F50 drifting in slow motion – filmed with high speed camera
- Audi Q1 compact SUV confirmed – will be produced from 2016
- Lamborghini Veneno Roadster makes an exclusive debut on Italian aircraft carrier in Abu Dhabi
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition Convertible announced, priced from $77,450
- Rest in Peace! Fast and Furious actor Paul Walker dies in a car accident
- Lamborghini Veneno in motion – hear the V12 scream on the track!
- Video: Mercedes SLS AMG with two turbos on the dyno shows big exhaust flames
- Lamborghini Cabrera rendered – this is how the Gallardo successor could look like
- Video: Amazing private supercar collection includes five Veyrons, F40, One-77 and…