Over the last year we have seen plenty of spy photos of the new supercar called SLS 63 AMG, which is the first vehicle in company’s history developed by the performance brand AMG.
Beginning of March they made a surprising move and released a whole set of pictures showing the prototype and images of its chassis and engine.
Now they have released some design sketches and production ready interior images of this supercar.
According to Mercedes-Benz, SLS AMG has a puristic sports car interior that combines lightweight construction with dynamism and high emotional appeal.
Designers behind the interior are sure that when someone opens the gullwing door an aircraft cockpit should come to their mind.
Dashboard is wing-shaped and the center console looks like jet’s operating console. Air vents look like aircraft engines.
Of course everything is finished with the finest leather and carbon fiber facings. Solid metal is an option.
SLS 63 AMG is built on aluminum spaceframe body with gullwing doors. Power comes from AMG’s 6.3-liter V8 with front-mid configuration that develops 571 horsepower and 650 Nm of torque at 4750 rpm. Power is sent to rear wheels via seven-speed dual-clutch transmission.
SLS 63 AMG testing should be done by the end of this year, with sales starting next spring. We expect to see more prototypes with less disguise soon and are sure that there will be more official details before the production model is revealed.
For previous photos of the prototype click here.
SLS 63 AMG prototype video from winter tests in Sweden:
- Maserati Alfieri concept celebrates brand’s centenary at the Geneva Motor Show
- New Vauxhall Adam S revealed with 148bhp
- This is the new third-generation Audi TT with up to 310 horsepower in the TTS model
- Alfa Romeo 4C Spider “avant-prémiere” previews production model, scheduled to enter production in 2015 (VIDEO)
- Rembrandt Bugatti Legend based on the Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse revealed, priced from 2.18 million euro
- Apple unveils CarPlay at the Geneva Motor Show – an all-new way to control your iPhone through your car (VIDEO)
- Geneva 2014: Volkswagen T-ROC concept previews a new SUV range
- Peugeot 308 is the European Car of the Year 2014
- Bugatti Veyron Vivere by Mansory debuts at the Geneva Motor Show
- Koenigsegg Agera One:1 revealed – world’s first Megacar