Over the last year we have seen plenty of spy photos of the new supercar called SLS 63 AMG, which is the first vehicle in company’s history developed by the performance brand AMG.
Beginning of March they made a surprising move and released a whole set of pictures showing the prototype and images of its chassis and engine.
Now they have released some design sketches and production ready interior images of this supercar.
According to Mercedes-Benz, SLS AMG has a puristic sports car interior that combines lightweight construction with dynamism and high emotional appeal.
Designers behind the interior are sure that when someone opens the gullwing door an aircraft cockpit should come to their mind.
Dashboard is wing-shaped and the center console looks like jet’s operating console. Air vents look like aircraft engines.
Of course everything is finished with the finest leather and carbon fiber facings. Solid metal is an option.
SLS 63 AMG is built on aluminum spaceframe body with gullwing doors. Power comes from AMG’s 6.3-liter V8 with front-mid configuration that develops 571 horsepower and 650 Nm of torque at 4750 rpm. Power is sent to rear wheels via seven-speed dual-clutch transmission.
SLS 63 AMG testing should be done by the end of this year, with sales starting next spring. We expect to see more prototypes with less disguise soon and are sure that there will be more official details before the production model is revealed.
For previous photos of the prototype click here.
SLS 63 AMG prototype video from winter tests in Sweden:
- Caring for your classic car
- Toyota GT86 CS-R3 rally car ready for the dirt and tarmac
- Range Rover Sport SVR laps the legendary Nordschleife circuit in Germany in 8 minutes 14 seconds
- Land Rover reveals third row seating for new Discovery Sport
- McLaren teases track-only P1 GTR with a massive rear wing and two exhaust pipes
- ATS Leggera revealed – a new two-seat roadster from Italy
- Aston Martin confirms bespoke super saloon: return of the Lagonda nameplate