For the first time, the new store represents, exclusively, the AMG brand world; this makes it unique anywhere in the world. The AMG Performance Center in the Sanlitun Village North luxury shopping mall is situated at an exclusive top location in the centre of the Chinese capital.
Since 2008, 195 AMG Performance Centers have been inaugurated in 18 countries all around the world. Unlike the previous ones, though, the new store in Beijing is not integrated in a Mercedes-Benz dealership as a shop-in-shop. Instead with the so-called “stand-alone” concept, the focus is placed exclusively on products and themes of the AMG high-performance brand.
“With this new AMG Performance Center in Beijing we hope to be able to attract and care for current and potential AMG customers. Here in Sanlitun Village North we enjoy a premium location, one where customers and all those interested can experience our brand claim “Driving Performance” intensely. The new store will act as an example for future “stand-alone” Performance Centers which are planned for other metropolis”, says Ola Källenius, chairman of the Board of Management of Mercedes-AMG GmbH.
On two levels and a total surface area of 381 square metres, actual and prospective customers can inform themselves about current AMG High-Performance vehicles and their technological achievements, about the AMG Driving Academy, the AMG Collection and AMG’s involvement in motor sports. In similar manner to the sample room in the AMG Performance Studio in Affalterbach, they can also experience first-hand the virtually unlimited individualisation possibilities there are: the great wealth of paint finishes and leather trim colours can be experienced both visually and haptically with the help of samples specially created for the store.
- Mansory Stallone tuning package for Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
- Lotus Exige S Roadster with 345 hp now available to order – EU prices start from 55,378 EUR plus local taxes
- Chevrolet Spark EV priced from $27,495 – lease from $199 per month
- Hennessey VelociRaptor SUV based on Ford F-150 Raport revealed – priced from $149,500
- Limited Edition Megane Renaultsport Red Bull Racing RB8 revealed
- Nissan GT-R Gentleman Edition announced in France
- 2014 BMW M5 and M6 line-up launched gets an optional Competition Package with extra 15 hp
- Aston Martin centenary celebrations continue – CC100 Speedster Concept debuts at the ADAC Zurich 24 Hours race
- New redesigned Subaru Forester first to ace new crash test (video)
- Audi R8 V10 by ABT Sportsline packs 600 hp