Brabus has unveiled their WIDESTAR body conversion for the new GL 63 AMG that features striking fender flares front and back that add eight centimeters (3.1 in.) to the width of the big SUV.
The Widestar body conversion kit also includes new bumpers, large air inlets, roof spoiler and diffuser integrated into the fascia.
The ceramics-coated tailpipes of the BRABUS stainless-steel sport exhaust system with butterfly valve along with new 21 to 23-inch size wheels complement the look.
The BRABUS control module for GL models with AIRMATIC air suspension is specifically calibrated to the new sporty tire/wheel combination, also lowering the ride height of the vehicle by about 30 millimeters (1.2 inches).
The SUV can be equipped also with a BRABUS high-performance brake system. It consists of six-piston aluminum fixed calipers gripping vented and cross-drilled front discs measuring 405 x 34 millimeters (15.9 x 1.3 inches). The rear axle stops with discs measuring 380 x 34 mm (15.0 x 1.3 inches) and four-piston fixed calipers.
The 5.5-liter V8 Biturbo engine receives a power upgrade with the BRABUS B63 – 620 performance kit that raises the power from 557 hp to 620 hp.
0-100 km/h (62 mph) takes now just 4.7 seconds and it reaches an electronically limited top speed of 280 km/h (174 mph).
Interior options include stainless-steel scuff plates with backlit BRABUS logo, exclusive BRABUS all-leather interiors crafted from a masterfully finished combination of the finest Mastik leather and Alcantara.
- Maserati Alfieri concept celebrates brand’s centenary at the Geneva Motor Show
- New Vauxhall Adam S revealed with 148bhp
- This is the new third-generation Audi TT with up to 310 horsepower in the TTS model
- Alfa Romeo 4C Spider “avant-prémiere” previews production model, scheduled to enter production in 2015 (VIDEO)
- Rembrandt Bugatti Legend based on the Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse revealed, priced from 2.18 million euro
- Apple unveils CarPlay at the Geneva Motor Show – an all-new way to control your iPhone through your car (VIDEO)
- Geneva 2014: Volkswagen T-ROC concept previews a new SUV range
- Peugeot 308 is the European Car of the Year 2014
- Bugatti Veyron Vivere by Mansory debuts at the Geneva Motor Show
- Koenigsegg Agera One:1 revealed – world’s first Megacar