Brabus has unveiled their WIDESTAR body conversion for the new GL 63 AMG that features striking fender flares front and back that add eight centimeters (3.1 in.) to the width of the big SUV.
The Widestar body conversion kit also includes new bumpers, large air inlets, roof spoiler and diffuser integrated into the fascia.
The ceramics-coated tailpipes of the BRABUS stainless-steel sport exhaust system with butterfly valve along with new 21 to 23-inch size wheels complement the look.
The BRABUS control module for GL models with AIRMATIC air suspension is specifically calibrated to the new sporty tire/wheel combination, also lowering the ride height of the vehicle by about 30 millimeters (1.2 inches).
The SUV can be equipped also with a BRABUS high-performance brake system. It consists of six-piston aluminum fixed calipers gripping vented and cross-drilled front discs measuring 405 x 34 millimeters (15.9 x 1.3 inches). The rear axle stops with discs measuring 380 x 34 mm (15.0 x 1.3 inches) and four-piston fixed calipers.
The 5.5-liter V8 Biturbo engine receives a power upgrade with the BRABUS B63 – 620 performance kit that raises the power from 557 hp to 620 hp.
0-100 km/h (62 mph) takes now just 4.7 seconds and it reaches an electronically limited top speed of 280 km/h (174 mph).
Interior options include stainless-steel scuff plates with backlit BRABUS logo, exclusive BRABUS all-leather interiors crafted from a masterfully finished combination of the finest Mastik leather and Alcantara.
- All-new Volvo XC90 comes with an impressive list of safety features
- Chevrolet unveils a new SS Pace Car, will be driven by actor Chris Pratt at Brickyard
- Mazda unveils the all-new Mazda2 / Demio in Japan
- Audi A7 Sportback 3.0 TDI competition celebrates 25 years of Audi TDI technology
- Aston Martin unveils a new V12 Vantage S Roadster as company’s fastest roadster
- Bespoke Porsche 911 Turbo S Exclusive GB Edition revealed for UK
- Bugatti Veyron successor rumoured to be a Hybrid