Brabus has unveiled their WIDESTAR body conversion for the new GL 63 AMG that features striking fender flares front and back that add eight centimeters (3.1 in.) to the width of the big SUV.
The Widestar body conversion kit also includes new bumpers, large air inlets, roof spoiler and diffuser integrated into the fascia.
The ceramics-coated tailpipes of the BRABUS stainless-steel sport exhaust system with butterfly valve along with new 21 to 23-inch size wheels complement the look.
The BRABUS control module for GL models with AIRMATIC air suspension is specifically calibrated to the new sporty tire/wheel combination, also lowering the ride height of the vehicle by about 30 millimeters (1.2 inches).
The SUV can be equipped also with a BRABUS high-performance brake system. It consists of six-piston aluminum fixed calipers gripping vented and cross-drilled front discs measuring 405 x 34 millimeters (15.9 x 1.3 inches). The rear axle stops with discs measuring 380 x 34 mm (15.0 x 1.3 inches) and four-piston fixed calipers.
The 5.5-liter V8 Biturbo engine receives a power upgrade with the BRABUS B63 – 620 performance kit that raises the power from 557 hp to 620 hp.
0-100 km/h (62 mph) takes now just 4.7 seconds and it reaches an electronically limited top speed of 280 km/h (174 mph).
Interior options include stainless-steel scuff plates with backlit BRABUS logo, exclusive BRABUS all-leather interiors crafted from a masterfully finished combination of the finest Mastik leather and Alcantara.
- Choosing the right tools for your garage and home
- 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO with a chassis no. 3851GT auctioned for $38 million
- Washed, Waxed and Ready to Go – But Who’s Buying?
- 2015 Cadillac Escalade Platinum revealed, entire line-up gets 8-speed transmission, surround view camera and 4G LTE connectivity
- How to Fix a Transmission Leak
- Kia reveals first official photos of third generation Sorento
- 2015 Range Rover Sport SVR is here with 550 horsepower