The race-inspired Instant Power Assist System (IPAS) gives the McLaren P1 astonishing performance. 0-62 mph will take less than 3 seconds, 0-200 km/h (124 mph) in under 7 seconds, and 0-300 km/h (186 mph) will be achieved in no more than 17 seconds. This is 11 seconds faster than the legendary McLaren F1 road car. Top speed is electronically limited to 350 km/h (218 mph).
Global production number will be just 375 units and the car will have a base price of $1,150,000 in the US and have a specification that fully equips the car for both road and track use.
The McLaren P1 will have the combined force of two highly-efficient powerplants, offering the optimum mix of superb throttle response, day-to-day drivability and top speed. A mid-mounted 3.8-litre twin-turbo V8 petrol engine works together with a highly effective electric motor, to give a combined output of 903 bhp and a maximum torque figure of 900Nm.
The car can also be driven solely in electric mode. In city driving, with an average speed of 30 mph, this could mean up to a 20km range.
- 8,000 Horsepower In Action! Drag Boat Race Is Way Cooler Than The Quarter Mile Race Between Cars
- This Is The Real Sharknado! More Than 100 Sharks Attack A School Of Bluefish Right On The Beach
- Time To Visit Norway! Beautiful Time-Lapse Shows Everything From Deep Fjords To Northern Lights
- Get Creative In The Kitchen! This Is How You Make Beatles Pancakes!
- This Death Defying Bike Ride Through The Isle of Skye In Scotland Is Just EPIC!
- This Is Not A Photoshop! A Full 360 Degree Circle Rainbow Over Australia
- This Awesome Time-Lapse Video Shows How To Counterfit A Giant One Dollar Bill With Just A Pencil