The race-inspired Instant Power Assist System (IPAS) gives the McLaren P1 astonishing performance. 0-62 mph will take less than 3 seconds, 0-200 km/h (124 mph) in under 7 seconds, and 0-300 km/h (186 mph) will be achieved in no more than 17 seconds. This is 11 seconds faster than the legendary McLaren F1 road car. Top speed is electronically limited to 350 km/h (218 mph).
Global production number will be just 375 units and the car will have a base price of $1,150,000 in the US and have a specification that fully equips the car for both road and track use.
The McLaren P1 will have the combined force of two highly-efficient powerplants, offering the optimum mix of superb throttle response, day-to-day drivability and top speed. A mid-mounted 3.8-litre twin-turbo V8 petrol engine works together with a highly effective electric motor, to give a combined output of 903 bhp and a maximum torque figure of 900Nm.
The car can also be driven solely in electric mode. In city driving, with an average speed of 30 mph, this could mean up to a 20km range.
- Bedtime Horror Story in 60 Seconds! This One-Minute Short Film Is Spooky Scary
- This Is Scary! Professional Stuntman Rides a Motorcycle Over a Bridge’s Arch Beam
- Stunning Long Exposure Photo Of the Lunar Eclipse Rising Over China Looks Like a Falling Star
- Ironic How Beautiful War Machines Can Be! This Is One Of The Coolest Fighter Jet Compilations
- Amazing Time-Lapse Video Shows Rome, Pisa & Vatican City In 4K Ultra HD
- This Slow Motion Video In 4K HD Is Mind Blowingly Awesome From Breakdancing To Motorcycling
- This Viral Photo Of A Great White Shark With Open Jaws Is Here To Haunt Your Dreams