The race-inspired Instant Power Assist System (IPAS) gives the McLaren P1 astonishing performance. 0-62 mph will take less than 3 seconds, 0-200 km/h (124 mph) in under 7 seconds, and 0-300 km/h (186 mph) will be achieved in no more than 17 seconds. This is 11 seconds faster than the legendary McLaren F1 road car. Top speed is electronically limited to 350 km/h (218 mph).
Global production number will be just 375 units and the car will have a base price of $1,150,000 in the US and have a specification that fully equips the car for both road and track use.
The McLaren P1 will have the combined force of two highly-efficient powerplants, offering the optimum mix of superb throttle response, day-to-day drivability and top speed. A mid-mounted 3.8-litre twin-turbo V8 petrol engine works together with a highly effective electric motor, to give a combined output of 903 bhp and a maximum torque figure of 900Nm.
The car can also be driven solely in electric mode. In city driving, with an average speed of 30 mph, this could mean up to a 20km range.
- Citroen C-XR concept debuts in Beijing – looks production ready
- Volkswagen New Midsize Coupe Concept revealed
- All-new Ford Escort revealed – designed specifically to meet the needs of consumers in China
- Audi TT offroad concept show car revealed
- Volkswagen Golf R 400 concept is one wild hatchback with as much power as Porsche 911 Carrera S!
- Mercedes Concept Coupe SUV previews BMW X6 alternative
- BMW Vision Future Luxury concept debuts at the Beijing Motor Show