Following the premiere of the one-off design study at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance earlier this summer, McLaren GT has confirmed plans for a limited production run of the track-focused 12C GT Can-Am Edition.
The limited edition track only 12C GT Can-Am pays tribute to Bruce McLaren and Denny Hulme who successfully raced a series of McLaren models in the Can-Am series, claiming a string of championships between them for Bruce McLaren Racing.
McLaren GT will produce just 30 examples of the 12C GT Can-Am Edition, based on the 12C GT3 racer. Each will be fitted with an unrestricted version of the familiar 3.8-litre twin-turbo V8 engine with a unique engine calibration, and optimised cooling system to increase the power output of up to 630hp, making the 12C GT Can-Am Edition the most powerful 12C produced to date.
First thing you will notice in addition to new graphics is the large carbon fibre rear wing, which offers an increase in downforce by 30 per cent. Further carbon fibre components enhance the styling of the track car, further differentiating it from the GT3 racing version. These include door mirror mounts and covers, engine cover vents, side radiator intake vanes, sill covers and badges.
Completing the exterior look, the 12C GT Can-Am Edition sits on black satin-finished forged lightweight racing alloy wheels, shod with Pirelli racing tyres.
The 12C GT Can-Am Edition is also fitted with a full FIA-approved race-specification rollcage and two black race seats with full six-point harnesses.
The 12C GT Can-Am Edition is priced at £375,000 with production commencing from March 2013.
- 8,000 Horsepower In Action! Drag Boat Race Is Way Cooler Than The Quarter Mile Race Between Cars
- This Is The Real Sharknado! More Than 100 Sharks Attack A School Of Bluefish Right On The Beach
- Time To Visit Norway! Beautiful Time-Lapse Shows Everything From Deep Fjords To Northern Lights
- Get Creative In The Kitchen! This Is How You Make Beatles Pancakes!
- This Death Defying Bike Ride Through The Isle of Skye In Scotland Is Just EPIC!
- This Is Not A Photoshop! A Full 360 Degree Circle Rainbow Over Australia
- This Awesome Time-Lapse Video Shows How To Counterfit A Giant One Dollar Bill With Just A Pencil