Toyota and Mazda have announced a partnership that Mazda’s plant in Mexico, currently under construction, will produce a Toyota-brand vehicle for sale mainly in North America. The new sub-compact Toyota will be based on the Mazda2, and the production will start around the summer of 2015 at a pace of 50,000 units per year and will be sold through Toyota dealerships.
Toyota is investing an appropriate portion of production equipment costs and development costs related to the Toyota vehicle and also an appropriate portion of costs related to the plant’s production-capacity increase.
Through the agreement, Toyota aims to strengthen its North American vehicle lineup, while Mazda aims to increase production efficiency and contribute to its profitability.
- 8,000 Horsepower In Action! Drag Boat Race Is Way Cooler Than The Quarter Mile Race Between Cars
- This Is The Real Sharknado! More Than 100 Sharks Attack A School Of Bluefish Right On The Beach
- Time To Visit Norway! Beautiful Time-Lapse Shows Everything From Deep Fjords To Northern Lights
- Get Creative In The Kitchen! This Is How You Make Beatles Pancakes!
- This Death Defying Bike Ride Through The Isle of Skye In Scotland Is Just EPIC!
- This Is Not A Photoshop! A Full 360 Degree Circle Rainbow Over Australia
- This Awesome Time-Lapse Video Shows How To Counterfit A Giant One Dollar Bill With Just A Pencil