The Mazda MX-5 GT Concept has been inspired by Mazda’s podium winning MX-5 GT race programme and its debut at Goodwood is to test customer reaction, meaning the concept is very likely going to enter production soon.
Built by race specialists Jota Sport, the MX-5 GT Concept produces 205bhp from a normally aspirated 2.0-litre Mazda petrol engine which is mated to the car’s standard manual gearbox. Suspension has been uprated to improve handling and is adjustable for different track conditions, aerodynamic assistance comes from a carbon front splitter, a rear diffuser and boot spoiler.
The exhaust note has been enhanced with a sports exhaust system with a central tailpipe. Recaro seats enhance the driver stability and the interior features a number of carbon enhancements that help reduce weight. For customers who want to acquire the car for track use, it comes equipped with road slicks and body-coloured roll hoops behind the seats.
- Watch “perfect dudes” perform wild tricks with Fiat 500C Abarths
- British Grand Prix Preview
- All-new BMW 4 Series Coupe revealed, replaces the 3 Series Coupe
- Audi A4 Avant with 380 horsepower by ABT Sportsline
- 30 millionth Volkswagen Golf drives off the assembly line in Wolfsburg
- PICTURES: Porsche Cayenne S Diesel shows its off-road capabilities
- New Porsche LMP1 prototype revealed ahead of 2014 season
- Rolls-Royce Wraith coupe in motion on British country roads (video)
- SEAT Leon Verde plug-in electric prototype unveiled – based on Leon hatchback
- Lamborghini Sesto Elemento caught on the track at a special event in Nevada (video)