Lotus Evora GTE will make its first run with the Tequila Patrón American Le Mans Series at Long Beach the weekend of April 14th.
Lotus AJR will carry sponsorship from Battery Tender, William Rast and is a Yokohama-supported team for 2012. It will go head-to-head against factory and works-supported GT entries from the likes of BMW, Chevrolet, Ferrari and Porsche.
“This is doubly good news for the American Le Mans Series presented by Tequila Patrón,” said Scott Atherton, ALMS President and CEO. “It’s a pleasure to welcome the Lotus brand and its spectacular Evora to the most competitive GT class of racing in the world. But to have this factory-backed effort spearheaded by Alex Job – one of the most successful team owners in ALMS history – assures that this will be yet another championship-caliber entry to the GT class. I know that fans at each of our events will be enthralled when the AJR Lotus, complete with its iconic livery and Battery Tender sponsorship, hits the track.”
Alex Job Racing is one of the most successful teams in sports car racing. The team’s resume includes ALMS GT series championships in 2004, 2003, 2002; a record 22 consecutive ALMS GT pole positions; two class victories at the 24 Hours of Le Mans; and seven Sebring 12 Hours victories – 2010, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 1999 and 1995.
- Range Rover Evoque gets a wide bodykit from Prior Design
- BMW Gran Lusso Coupe concept revealed – the ultimate luxury coupe
- McLaren 50 12C & 12C Spider announced to celebrate 50 years of McLaren
- Ford will close all their manufacturing plants in Australia by 2016
- Mansory Stallone tuning package for Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
- Lotus Exige S Roadster with 345 hp now available to order – EU prices start from 55,378 EUR plus local taxes
- Chevrolet Spark EV priced from $27,495 – lease from $199 per month
- Hennessey VelociRaptor SUV based on Ford F-150 Raport revealed – priced from $149,500
- Limited Edition Megane Renaultsport Red Bull Racing RB8 revealed
- Nissan GT-R Gentleman Edition announced in France