Lexus has revealed new LF-LC Blue concept at the Australian International Motor show. The LF-LC Blue is a further development of the model which debuted at the Detroit motor show earlier this year, swapping that car’s burning red exterior for a lustrous Opal Blue finish, inspired by the natural base colour of the Australian gemstone.
The LF-LC combines advanced technologies and materials with an organic design that points to styling cues that will influence future Lexus sports models. The concept in particular pioneers use of lightweight carbon fibre and the next generation of Lexus’s industry-leading full hybrid powertrain.
Lexus only revealed, that the Advanced Hybrid Drive features a new, high-energy battery pack designed to deliver to greater power from a unit that is smaller than those used in Lexus’s current full hybrid model range. Combined power output of the system is 500 hp, more than any other Lexus hybrid.
- 2014 Cadillac XTS gets a twin-turbo V6 with 410 hp – automatic parking assist
- Watch a horrifying Ferrari 458 crash at the Suzuka Circuit in Japan
- This is how the Audi R8 is handcrafted at the Neckarsulm factory (video)
- New Peugeot 308 – first official pictures and details
- This is how Brazilian police rams a drug plane to prevent takeoff (video)
- Volkswagen Amarok Power-Pickup concept with V6 TDI debuts at Wörthersee
- Volkswagen Design Vision GTI concept with 503 horsepower is the ultimate Golf GTI
- 2013 Playmate of the Year Raquel Pomplun gets $100k and a 2014 Jaguar F-Type
- Bentley Mulsanne and Continental Le Mans Limited Edition models announced
- Watch Hennessey Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 run a quarter mile in 12.6 seconds