Lexus has unveiled the IS F CCS-R race car, that will take part of the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb on July 8th. the IS F CCS-R features an orange mica paint, a carbon fiber bodywork, polycarbonate windows and 18-inch alloy wheels with Yokohama ADVAN NEOVA A050 tires.
Interior is stripped out and features a carbon fiber dashboard, auxiliary gauges, lightweight bucket seats and a flat-bottomed steering wheel.
Thanks to these changes, the car weighs 3,087 lbs (1,400 kg) – a 693 lbs (314 kg) less than the standard IS F.
Power comes from a 5.0-liter V8 engine with 416 hp and 371 lb-f of torque, that is connected to an eight-speed automatic transmission that sends power to the rear wheels via a limited slip differential.
- 2014 BMW M5 and M6 line-up launched gets an optional Competition Package with extra 15 hp
- Aston Martin centenary celebrations continue – CC100 Speedster Concept debuts at the ADAC Zurich 24 Hours race
- New redesigned Subaru Forester first to ace new crash test (video)
- Audi R8 V10 by ABT Sportsline packs 600 hp
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class debuts in Hamburg
- 2014 Cadillac XTS gets a twin-turbo V6 with 410 hp – automatic parking assist
- Watch a horrifying Ferrari 458 crash at the Suzuka Circuit in Japan
- This is how the Audi R8 is handcrafted at the Neckarsulm factory (video)
- New Peugeot 308 – first official pictures and details
- This is how Brazilian police rams a drug plane to prevent takeoff (video)