Last Friday, the last Lexus LFA supercar rolled off the assembly line at the Motomachi Plant in Aichi Prefecture. Lexus started the production exactly two years ago and just one LFA was produced per day. In total 500 LFA supercar’s left the assembly line. The production team included 170 hand picked takumi workers who were involved in parts manufacturing, vehicle assembly and painting.
The knowledge from the LFA engineering will directly influence new Lexus products along with carbon fiber products that will be applied to future vehicles.
The last model was a white LFA with a Nürburgring Package producing 562 horsepower from a naturally aspirated 4.8 liter V10.
- Citroen C-XR concept debuts in Beijing – looks production ready
- Volkswagen New Midsize Coupe Concept revealed
- All-new Ford Escort revealed – designed specifically to meet the needs of consumers in China
- Audi TT offroad concept show car revealed
- Volkswagen Golf R 400 concept is one wild hatchback with as much power as Porsche 911 Carrera S!
- Mercedes Concept Coupe SUV previews BMW X6 alternative
- BMW Vision Future Luxury concept debuts at the Beijing Motor Show