The all-new fourth-gen Range Rover is the most capable and most luxurious Land Rover yet. The all-new model has been developed from the ground up, featuring a revolutionary lightweight all-aluminium monocoque body structure, that is 39 per cent lighter than the steel body in the outgoing model enabling total vehicle weight savings of up to 420kg.
John Edwards, Land Rover Global Brand Director, said: “The new Range Rover preserves the essential, unique character of the vehicle – that special blend of luxury, performance and unmatched all-terrain capability. However, its clean sheet design and revolutionary lightweight construction have enabled us to transform the experience for luxury vehicle customers, with a step change in comfort, refinement and handling.”
Amongst the industry-leading innovations is a ground-breaking next-generation version of Land Rover’s Terrain Response system, which analyses the current driving conditions and automatically selects the most suitable vehicle settings for the terrain.
Within the cabin, the all-new Range Rover provides occupants with a sensation of serene isolation, meeting the highest luxury car standards for refinement.
With over 118mm more legroom, the rear occupants benefit from vastly increased space and comfort, with the option of a new two-seat Executive Class seating package for the ultimate in rear-seat luxury.
Customers have the choice of a refined supercharged V8 petrol engine, TDV6 and SDV8 diesel engines.
New Range Rover is available to order from fall, with first deliveries scheduled to start from early 2013.
- All-new BMW 4 Series Coupe revealed, replaces the 3 Series Coupe
- Audi A4 Avant with 380 horsepower by ABT Sportsline
- 30 millionth Volkswagen Golf drives off the assembly line in Wolfsburg
- PICTURES: Porsche Cayenne S Diesel shows its off-road capabilities
- New Porsche LMP1 prototype revealed ahead of 2014 season
- Rolls-Royce Wraith coupe in motion on British country roads (video)
- SEAT Leon Verde plug-in electric prototype unveiled – based on Leon hatchback
- Lamborghini Sesto Elemento caught on the track at a special event in Nevada (video)
- Watch Nissan Juke-R with 700 hp going against the Bugatti Veyron with 1001 hp
- New Range Rover Sport sets a new record for production SUVs on a 12.42 mile Pikes Peak hillclimb course