Industrial Design students at Austrian FH Joanneum University have created six futuristic vehicles for the KTM brand. The projects include land, water and air vehicles and share the brand’s design language.
On these concepts we can see the familiar KTM design language with signature colors: orange, black and white.
Who knows, maybe we will see similar vehicles by KTM in the future. In the meanwhile take a look at the concepts below.
KTM AX Concept – The KTM AX is a radical off-road four-wheel vehicle concept which links brand’s motocross competence to the purist design of theX-Bow. Hybrid propulsion combined with four individually steerable electric engines, huge ground clearance, reinforced tyres and a generously sized suspension offer maximum traction and unlimited agility.
KTM SR 85 Deuce – “In 2018 innovative race events are revolutionizing the motor sports industry. ‘Devon Run’: every weekend environmentally-friendly lightweight vehicles, propelled by electric motors, go for passing manoeuvers on spectacular inner city race tracks – defined by the given infrastructure and modular curves. KTM dominates these events with the sr85 deuce.”
KTM CX Concept – KTM CX is a racing vehicle that brings the moto-x spirit to the water. Surface tension is used to recreate the water’s surface as everchanging off-road terrain.
When stopping, the cx rider sinks into the water up to her/his knees and sits in the water as if on a surfboard.
KTM Barracuda – Developed for circuit races, the KTM Barracuda is the equivalent of the RC8 and the X-Bow on the water. It is extremely agile and designed to be self-stabilizing. Following the ktm slogan it is a hydrofoil boat just “ready to race“.
KTM Ascender Flight Vehicle – The KTM Ascender is a gas turbine-propelled flight vehicle that is supported in the air by three rotors, which allow great agility. With a flight duration of 30 minutes and a maximum speed of 120 km/h, spectacular races similar to the Red Bull Air Race are possible.
KTM 360° – The KTM 360° is a super light, silent electric bike. It allows you to apply any trick – even the fork turns 360 degrees – and the foldable seat gives you the opportunity to cruise around.
- Nissan GT-R Gentleman Edition announced in France
- 2014 BMW M5 and M6 line-up launched gets an optional Competition Package with extra 15 hp
- Aston Martin centenary celebrations continue – CC100 Speedster Concept debuts at the ADAC Zurich 24 Hours race
- New redesigned Subaru Forester first to ace new crash test (video)
- Audi R8 V10 by ABT Sportsline packs 600 hp
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class debuts in Hamburg
- Tesla Model S: The Best Car Ever?
- 2014 Cadillac XTS gets a twin-turbo V6 with 410 hp – automatic parking assist
- Watch a horrifying Ferrari 458 crash at the Suzuka Circuit in Japan
- This is how the Audi R8 is handcrafted at the Neckarsulm factory (video)