A coupe from Kia is a nice surprise. The Korean automaker has a wide range of vehicles in production, but there is no coupe.
Unfortunately the GT4 Stinger is just a concept at this stage, though we do hope to see something similar in production soon.
The GT4 Stinger is a front-engine rear-wheel drive 2+2 sports coupe, powered by a 4-cylinder, 2.0-liter turbocharged direct-injected gasoline T-GDI engine linked to six-speed close-ratio manual transmission delivering 315 horsepower. The concept is built on a custom chassis with an independent wishbone suspension.
Not bad. Rear-wheel drive, light compact package and 300+horsepower. We would take it any time over the 200 horsepower Toyota GT86.
The concept exterior is quite different from the production Kia models showing a long hood, low vertical headlights with LED DRLs, bulging wheel arches, see-through A-pillars, LED taillights, dual exhausts and a glass hatch.
The tiger nose grille is one of the very few similarities with production Kia models.
Finished in Ignition Yellow exterior, the concept is 169.7 inches long, 74.4 inches wide and has a 103.1-inch wheelbase. It is just 49.2 inches tall and weighs 2,874 lbs (1,303 kg).
All this rides on custom 20-inch alloy center-lock wheels with Pirelli P Zero tires measuring 235/35 ZR20.
- Caring for your classic car
- Toyota GT86 CS-R3 rally car ready for the dirt and tarmac
- Range Rover Sport SVR laps the legendary Nordschleife circuit in Germany in 8 minutes 14 seconds
- Land Rover reveals third row seating for new Discovery Sport
- McLaren teases track-only P1 GTR with a massive rear wing and two exhaust pipes
- ATS Leggera revealed – a new two-seat roadster from Italy
- Aston Martin confirms bespoke super saloon: return of the Lagonda nameplate