A coupe from Kia is a nice surprise. The Korean automaker has a wide range of vehicles in production, but there is no coupe.
Unfortunately the GT4 Stinger is just a concept at this stage, though we do hope to see something similar in production soon.
The GT4 Stinger is a front-engine rear-wheel drive 2+2 sports coupe, powered by a 4-cylinder, 2.0-liter turbocharged direct-injected gasoline T-GDI engine linked to six-speed close-ratio manual transmission delivering 315 horsepower. The concept is built on a custom chassis with an independent wishbone suspension.
Not bad. Rear-wheel drive, light compact package and 300+horsepower. We would take it any time over the 200 horsepower Toyota GT86.
The concept exterior is quite different from the production Kia models showing a long hood, low vertical headlights with LED DRLs, bulging wheel arches, see-through A-pillars, LED taillights, dual exhausts and a glass hatch.
The tiger nose grille is one of the very few similarities with production Kia models.
Finished in Ignition Yellow exterior, the concept is 169.7 inches long, 74.4 inches wide and has a 103.1-inch wheelbase. It is just 49.2 inches tall and weighs 2,874 lbs (1,303 kg).
All this rides on custom 20-inch alloy center-lock wheels with Pirelli P Zero tires measuring 235/35 ZR20.
- Choosing the right tools for your garage and home
- 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO with a chassis no. 3851GT auctioned for $38 million
- Washed, Waxed and Ready to Go – But Who’s Buying?
- 2015 Cadillac Escalade Platinum revealed, entire line-up gets 8-speed transmission, surround view camera and 4G LTE connectivity
- How to Fix a Transmission Leak
- Kia reveals first official photos of third generation Sorento
- 2015 Range Rover Sport SVR is here with 550 horsepower