A coupe from Kia is a nice surprise. The Korean automaker has a wide range of vehicles in production, but there is no coupe.
Unfortunately the GT4 Stinger is just a concept at this stage, though we do hope to see something similar in production soon.
The GT4 Stinger is a front-engine rear-wheel drive 2+2 sports coupe, powered by a 4-cylinder, 2.0-liter turbocharged direct-injected gasoline T-GDI engine linked to six-speed close-ratio manual transmission delivering 315 horsepower. The concept is built on a custom chassis with an independent wishbone suspension.
Not bad. Rear-wheel drive, light compact package and 300+horsepower. We would take it any time over the 200 horsepower Toyota GT86.
The concept exterior is quite different from the production Kia models showing a long hood, low vertical headlights with LED DRLs, bulging wheel arches, see-through A-pillars, LED taillights, dual exhausts and a glass hatch.
The tiger nose grille is one of the very few similarities with production Kia models.
Finished in Ignition Yellow exterior, the concept is 169.7 inches long, 74.4 inches wide and has a 103.1-inch wheelbase. It is just 49.2 inches tall and weighs 2,874 lbs (1,303 kg).
All this rides on custom 20-inch alloy center-lock wheels with Pirelli P Zero tires measuring 235/35 ZR20.
- BMW X4 Sports Activity Coupe revealed – public debut next month in New York
- This is the new Honda Civic Type R Concept – production model to follow in 2015
- Mazda Hazumi concept previews next-generation subcompact – the new Mazda2
- Maserati Alfieri concept celebrates brand’s centenary at the Geneva Motor Show
- New Vauxhall Adam S revealed with 148bhp
- This is the new third-generation Audi TT with up to 310 horsepower in the TTS model
- Alfa Romeo 4C Spider “avant-prémiere” previews production model, scheduled to enter production in 2015 (VIDEO)
- Rembrandt Bugatti Legend based on the Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse revealed, priced from 2.18 million euro
- Apple unveils CarPlay at the Geneva Motor Show – an all-new way to control your iPhone through your car (VIDEO)
- Geneva 2014: Volkswagen T-ROC concept previews a new SUV range