A coupe from Kia is a nice surprise. The Korean automaker has a wide range of vehicles in production, but there is no coupe.
Unfortunately the GT4 Stinger is just a concept at this stage, though we do hope to see something similar in production soon.
The GT4 Stinger is a front-engine rear-wheel drive 2+2 sports coupe, powered by a 4-cylinder, 2.0-liter turbocharged direct-injected gasoline T-GDI engine linked to six-speed close-ratio manual transmission delivering 315 horsepower. The concept is built on a custom chassis with an independent wishbone suspension.
Not bad. Rear-wheel drive, light compact package and 300+horsepower. We would take it any time over the 200 horsepower Toyota GT86.
The concept exterior is quite different from the production Kia models showing a long hood, low vertical headlights with LED DRLs, bulging wheel arches, see-through A-pillars, LED taillights, dual exhausts and a glass hatch.
The tiger nose grille is one of the very few similarities with production Kia models.
Finished in Ignition Yellow exterior, the concept is 169.7 inches long, 74.4 inches wide and has a 103.1-inch wheelbase. It is just 49.2 inches tall and weighs 2,874 lbs (1,303 kg).
All this rides on custom 20-inch alloy center-lock wheels with Pirelli P Zero tires measuring 235/35 ZR20.
- Audi RS 7 dynamic edition to debut at the New York Auto Show
- First 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 auctioned for $1 Million
- Land Rover Discovery Vision Concept revealed, debuts this wee at the New York Auto Show
- Volkswagen Golf TSI Sportwagen concept to debut at the New York Auto Show
- Drop-top Supercar: 2015 Corvette Z06 Convertible revealed with at least 625 horsepower
- Ford Focus remains world’s best-selling vehicle in 2013 with 1,097,618 cars sold worldwide
- 2015 Lexus NX compact crossover – first official details and pictures