Kia has finally debuted it’s all-new Forte sedan today. The Forte is a very important vehicle for Kia Motors. It was developed not only to succeed it’s best selling Kia model (Spectra/Cerato), but also to show the world that Kia is capable of building good, quality and attractive cars at the same time.
The costs of Forte development exceeded $200 million and it took the company 29 months to to bring the car from the paper to the showrooms. This year, Kia plans to sell 20,000 units on it’s home market and export about 10,000 units. The Forte will be exported to Eastern Europe, Asia and South America, as well as to Australia and USA.
The Forte has been fitted with 1.6-liter gasoline and 1,6 diesel engine. The gasoline engine puts out 121 brake horsepower, while the diesel engine packs a maximum output of 128 brake horsepower. More powerful 2,0-liter engine will be added to the range at a later date.
Forte comes equipped with new features such as navigation system with voice recognition, smart key button ignition system and Bluetooth technology. Safety features include side and curtain airbags, a VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control) system and active headrests.
- All-new BMW 4 Series Coupe revealed, replaces the 3 Series Coupe
- Audi A4 Avant with 380 horsepower by ABT Sportsline
- 30 millionth Volkswagen Golf drives off the assembly line in Wolfsburg
- PICTURES: Porsche Cayenne S Diesel shows its off-road capabilities
- New Porsche LMP1 prototype revealed ahead of 2014 season
- Rolls-Royce Wraith coupe in motion on British country roads (video)
- SEAT Leon Verde plug-in electric prototype unveiled – based on Leon hatchback
- Lamborghini Sesto Elemento caught on the track at a special event in Nevada (video)
- Watch Nissan Juke-R with 700 hp going against the Bugatti Veyron with 1001 hp
- New Range Rover Sport sets a new record for production SUVs on a 12.42 mile Pikes Peak hillclimb course