Kia Motors America has unveiled the Cross GT concept at the 2013 Chicago Auto Show. Purely conceptual, the Cross GT reveals Kia’s intentions to potentially offer a larger premium SUV than the current Sorento in certain markets.
Commenting on Kia’s latest concept car, Peter Schreyer, Kia Motors Corporation President and Global Chief of Design, said: “The debut of the GT in 2011 heralded a new frontier for Kia, both from a design and a business perspective. It beautifully illustrated to the world that the brand was ready to explore the possibility of perhaps one day offering a full-size rear-wheel-drive luxury saloon. The Cross GT, with its raised stance and large cargo area, allows us to envision the GT in the form of a full-size luxury crossover.”
Based on the GT chassis, the Cross GT’s proportions are similar to its rear-wheel-drive stable mate with short overhangs, a long wheelbase and an aggressively wide posture.
Powered by a 3.8-litre V6 hybrid, 8-speed automatic and torque-vectoring all-wheel-drive, the Cross GT’ V6 and electric motor produce 500 lb ft of torque and 400 horsepower. All-electric range is 20 miles.
- McLaren teases track-only P1 GTR with a massive rear wing and two exhaust pipes
- ATS Leggera revealed – a new two-seat roadster from Italy
- Aston Martin confirms bespoke super saloon: return of the Lagonda nameplate
- 2015 Porsche Cayenne facelift revealed with a sharper design and new engines
- Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations builds F-TYPE Concept to Support Team Sky in Tour de France
- All-new Volvo XC90 comes with an impressive list of safety features
- Chevrolet unveils a new SS Pace Car, will be driven by actor Chris Pratt at Brickyard