Last week Kia released the first teaser for the pro_cee’d GT. New week brings us a new teaser along with performance specs for both the three-door Kia pro_cee’d GT and the five-door Kia cee’d GT, which are scheduled to go on sale in mid-2013.
The two new GT models will be powered by a new version of Kia’s 1.6-litre GDI (Gasoline Direct Injection) petrol engine equipped with a twin-scroll turbocharger and strengthened internal components. The engine packs 201 horsepower and 265 Nm (195 lb/ft) of torque.
Both modes will be fitted with a six-speed manual gearbox, targeting a 0 to 62 mph time in 7.9 seconds.
Kia engineers have also upgraded the chassis and suspension systems to ensure that the performance credentials of these more powerful models are matched by exceptional dynamic characteristics.
Both new models also incorporate unique features like new grilles and lamp clusters, deeper bumpers, unique 18-inch alloy wheels, red brake calipers and special paint finishes.
- McLaren teases track-only P1 GTR with a massive rear wing and two exhaust pipes
- ATS Leggera revealed – a new two-seat roadster from Italy
- Aston Martin confirms bespoke super saloon: return of the Lagonda nameplate
- 2015 Porsche Cayenne facelift revealed with a sharper design and new engines
- Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations builds F-TYPE Concept to Support Team Sky in Tour de France
- All-new Volvo XC90 comes with an impressive list of safety features
- Chevrolet unveils a new SS Pace Car, will be driven by actor Chris Pratt at Brickyard