Last week Kia released the first teaser for the pro_cee’d GT. New week brings us a new teaser along with performance specs for both the three-door Kia pro_cee’d GT and the five-door Kia cee’d GT, which are scheduled to go on sale in mid-2013.
The two new GT models will be powered by a new version of Kia’s 1.6-litre GDI (Gasoline Direct Injection) petrol engine equipped with a twin-scroll turbocharger and strengthened internal components. The engine packs 201 horsepower and 265 Nm (195 lb/ft) of torque.
Both modes will be fitted with a six-speed manual gearbox, targeting a 0 to 62 mph time in 7.9 seconds.
Kia engineers have also upgraded the chassis and suspension systems to ensure that the performance credentials of these more powerful models are matched by exceptional dynamic characteristics.
Both new models also incorporate unique features like new grilles and lamp clusters, deeper bumpers, unique 18-inch alloy wheels, red brake calipers and special paint finishes.
- 2014 Hyundai i20 WRC revealed, team named as Hyundai Shell World Rally Team
- Bye bye Holden! General Motors to cease manufacturing in Australia by 2017
- Hear the new 2015 Ford Mustang GT Rev its V8 at Cars & Coffee (VIDEO)
- Porsche announces Cayenne Platinum Edition – priced from $63,300
- McLaren P1 laps the extreme Nürburgring in less than seven minutes (VIDEO)
- 400th Bugatti Veyron sold – just 50 models of the super sports car are still available
- Video: Crazy cyclist rides (BACKWARD) downhill on a wet mountain road in Norway at 50 mph
- This is the new 2015 Ford Mustang with EcoBoost power, independent rear suspension and sleeker design
- Epic video: Ferrari F50 drifting in slow motion – filmed with high speed camera
- Audi Q1 compact SUV confirmed – will be produced from 2016