Last week Kia released the first teaser for the pro_cee’d GT. New week brings us a new teaser along with performance specs for both the three-door Kia pro_cee’d GT and the five-door Kia cee’d GT, which are scheduled to go on sale in mid-2013.
The two new GT models will be powered by a new version of Kia’s 1.6-litre GDI (Gasoline Direct Injection) petrol engine equipped with a twin-scroll turbocharger and strengthened internal components. The engine packs 201 horsepower and 265 Nm (195 lb/ft) of torque.
Both modes will be fitted with a six-speed manual gearbox, targeting a 0 to 62 mph time in 7.9 seconds.
Kia engineers have also upgraded the chassis and suspension systems to ensure that the performance credentials of these more powerful models are matched by exceptional dynamic characteristics.
Both new models also incorporate unique features like new grilles and lamp clusters, deeper bumpers, unique 18-inch alloy wheels, red brake calipers and special paint finishes.
- First interior images for the new Mercedes-AMG GT supercar revealed
- Audi RS 7 dynamic edition to debut at the New York Auto Show
- First 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 auctioned for $1 Million
- Land Rover Discovery Vision Concept revealed, debuts this wee at the New York Auto Show
- Volkswagen Golf TSI Sportwagen concept to debut at the New York Auto Show
- Drop-top Supercar: 2015 Corvette Z06 Convertible revealed with at least 625 horsepower
- Ford Focus remains world’s best-selling vehicle in 2013 with 1,097,618 cars sold worldwide