Last week Kia released the first teaser for the pro_cee’d GT. New week brings us a new teaser along with performance specs for both the three-door Kia pro_cee’d GT and the five-door Kia cee’d GT, which are scheduled to go on sale in mid-2013.
The two new GT models will be powered by a new version of Kia’s 1.6-litre GDI (Gasoline Direct Injection) petrol engine equipped with a twin-scroll turbocharger and strengthened internal components. The engine packs 201 horsepower and 265 Nm (195 lb/ft) of torque.
Both modes will be fitted with a six-speed manual gearbox, targeting a 0 to 62 mph time in 7.9 seconds.
Kia engineers have also upgraded the chassis and suspension systems to ensure that the performance credentials of these more powerful models are matched by exceptional dynamic characteristics.
Both new models also incorporate unique features like new grilles and lamp clusters, deeper bumpers, unique 18-inch alloy wheels, red brake calipers and special paint finishes.
- Maserati Alfieri concept celebrates brand’s centenary at the Geneva Motor Show
- New Vauxhall Adam S revealed with 148bhp
- This is the new third-generation Audi TT with up to 310 horsepower in the TTS model
- Alfa Romeo 4C Spider “avant-prémiere” previews production model, scheduled to enter production in 2015 (VIDEO)
- Rembrandt Bugatti Legend based on the Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse revealed, priced from 2.18 million euro
- Apple unveils CarPlay at the Geneva Motor Show – an all-new way to control your iPhone through your car (VIDEO)
- Geneva 2014: Volkswagen T-ROC concept previews a new SUV range
- Peugeot 308 is the European Car of the Year 2014
- Bugatti Veyron Vivere by Mansory debuts at the Geneva Motor Show
- Koenigsegg Agera One:1 revealed – world’s first Megacar