Kia has unveiled the first official pictures and details of the production version of its KND-5 concept car. This new luxury sedan by Kia is called “Cadenza” in markets outside of Korea. At the kome market it will be called K7.
The Cadenza name is derived from an Italian musical term used to describe an elaborate, ornamental flourish for a concerto or aria.
Sporty and sleek in appearance, Cadenza features a bold headlamp design with attention-grabbing LED surrounds and a purposeful, athletic character line. The prominent front grille and stylish taillights emphasize the car’s high-tech feel and are a continuing expression of Kia’s dramatic design DNA.
Kia has not released interior pictures yet, but claims that on the inside, there is a futuristic ‘floating’ dashboard that highlights Kia’s uniquely innovative design approach. The welcome system turns on the exterior puddle and interior lights to ‘greet’ the car owner, while the interior mood lighting strip, which runs along the dashboard to the door trim, creates a warm atmosphere within the vehicle.
Available new technologies will include a heated steering wheel (for winter driving in cold markets), powered extendable seat cushions (for extra thigh support), automatic defogging of the windshield and ventilated front seats (for cool comfort in hot markets).
Power will likely come from a 2.4-liter Theta four-cylinder producing 175 hp and a 3.5-liter Lambda V6 producing 273 hp.
Soon-Nam Lee, Director of the Overseas Marketing Group, Kia Motors Corporation, said, “New Cadenza will showcase the continuing evolution in Kia’s striking design language through the harmonious blend of light and lines. It will also present a new concept in luxury sedans in terms of performance and technology.”[gallery columns=”6″
- 2014 Cadillac XTS gets a twin-turbo V6 with 410 hp – automatic parking assist
- Watch a horrifying Ferrari 458 crash at the Suzuka Circuit in Japan
- This is how the Audi R8 is handcrafted at the Neckarsulm factory (video)
- New Peugeot 308 – first official pictures and details
- This is how Brazilian police rams a drug plane to prevent takeoff (video)
- Volkswagen Amarok Power-Pickup concept with V6 TDI debuts at Wörthersee
- Volkswagen Design Vision GTI concept with 503 horsepower is the ultimate Golf GTI
- 2013 Playmate of the Year Raquel Pomplun gets $100k and a 2014 Jaguar F-Type
- Bentley Mulsanne and Continental Le Mans Limited Edition models announced
- Watch Hennessey Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 run a quarter mile in 12.6 seconds