The XJ Ring Taxi packs boasts 510 hp from its 5.0-litre supercharged V8 engine and has a top speed of 174mph.
Said Frank Klaas, Global Head of Communications, Jaguar Land Rover: “We’ve been running a successful Nürburgring driving programme from our Nordschleife engineering test centre now for some time, as it’s the very best place to demonstrate the dynamic abilities of the current Jaguar XF, XJ and XK models.
Finished in non-standard matt grey paint, this new Ring Taxi has room for four. Gone are the standard leather-trimmed heated and cooled seats, and in their place are four race seats, each equipped with four-point harnesses. A full bespoke roll cage completes the interior changes.
- Hennessey VelociRaptor SUV based on Ford F-150 Raport revealed – priced from $149,500
- Limited Edition Megane Renaultsport Red Bull Racing RB8 revealed
- Nissan GT-R Gentleman Edition announced in France
- 2014 BMW M5 and M6 line-up launched gets an optional Competition Package with extra 15 hp
- Aston Martin centenary celebrations continue – CC100 Speedster Concept debuts at the ADAC Zurich 24 Hours race
- New redesigned Subaru Forester first to ace new crash test (video)
- Audi R8 V10 by ABT Sportsline packs 600 hp
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class debuts in Hamburg
- Tesla Model S: The Best Car Ever?
- 2014 Cadillac XTS gets a twin-turbo V6 with 410 hp – automatic parking assist