Jaguar is launching an armoured version of the new XJ luxury sports saloon at the 2010 Moscow International Motor Show.
The new XJ Sentinel offers the ultimate in discreet protection, being virtually indistinguishable from the standard XJ model, yet featuring a state-of-the-art armouring package which provides occupants with up to B7 levels of ballistic protection.
“The XJ Sentinel was designed and developed in partnership with industry leaders, and incorporates the very latest armoured vehicle systems to deliver extremely impressive levels of protection, while maintaining a very discreet appearance,” said Mike O’Driscoll, Managing Director, Jaguar Cars.
“The XJ Sentinel is the ultimate armoured luxury limousine. It offers governments, security organisations and private individuals, the highest level of security, with advanced design, refined performance and a beautifully-crafted cabin. The XJ Sentinel will be the vehicle of choice for the most discerning,” he added.
Jaguar engineers focused on ensuring that the XJ Sentinel retained the real-world usability of the standard car. Based on the long wheelbase XJ, the armoured vehicle maintains that model’s luxurious interior package, its compelling blend of comfort and agility, and convenient servicing using regular dealer equipment.
XJ Sentinel Specifications:
5.0-litre V8 Petrol AJ-V8 GEN III
Maximum power, EEC-PS(kW): 385 (283)
Maximum torque, EEC-Nm (lb ft): 515 (380)
Transmission: 6-speed automatic
Acceleration, 0-100km/h: 9.7 sec
Top Speed, km/h: 195
Weight, kg: 3,300
Gross vehicle weight, kg: 3,800
Up-rated suspension with active dampers front and rear.
Jaguar High Performance Braking System.
Strengthened 19″ Aleutian Alloy Wheels with 245/45 19″ Dunlop Self Supporting Technology®.
Run on Flat tyres (RoF).
An extensive range of exterior paint colours, interior colours themes and optional equipment is available.
- 2014 BMW M5 and M6 line-up launched gets an optional Competition Package with extra 15 hp
- Aston Martin centenary celebrations continue – CC100 Speedster Concept debuts at the ADAC Zurich 24 Hours race
- New redesigned Subaru Forester first to ace new crash test (video)
- Audi R8 V10 by ABT Sportsline packs 600 hp
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class debuts in Hamburg
- 2014 Cadillac XTS gets a twin-turbo V6 with 410 hp – automatic parking assist
- Watch a horrifying Ferrari 458 crash at the Suzuka Circuit in Japan
- This is how the Audi R8 is handcrafted at the Neckarsulm factory (video)
- New Peugeot 308 – first official pictures and details
- This is how Brazilian police rams a drug plane to prevent takeoff (video)