Jaguar has confirmed that it will build the C-X75 concept car as an exclusive hybrid supercar. No exact power figures have been released, but Jaguar expects this hybrid supercar to deliver incredibly low CO2 emissions of less than 99g/km while being able to accelerate from 0-60 mph in less than 3 seconds all the way to a top speed over 200 mph.
“People expect Jaguar to be innovators − that is when Jaguar is at its best,” said Adrian Hallmark, Jaguar Brand Director. “The C-X75 received an incredible reception as a concept car. We’ve been building on that momentum and there is a clear business case for this exclusive halo model. No other vehicle will better signify Jaguar’s renewed confidence and excellence in technological innovation than this.”
Jaguar C-X75 will be developed in association with Williams F1 who will provide their engineering expertise in areas including aerodynamics, carbon composite manufacture and hybrid technologies. This association will be at the leading edge of British automotive engineering and innovation.
The supercar’s chassis will be made of carbon-fibre to create an incredibly lightweight, yet rigidly strong structure.
The road-going supercar will use a state-of-the-art, small-capacity, highly-boosted internal combustion engine with one powerful electric motor at each axle.
Only 250 examples will be built, each costing between £700,000 – £900,000 depending on market and local taxes.
- Nissan GT-R Gentleman Edition announced in France
- 2014 BMW M5 and M6 line-up launched gets an optional Competition Package with extra 15 hp
- Aston Martin centenary celebrations continue – CC100 Speedster Concept debuts at the ADAC Zurich 24 Hours race
- New redesigned Subaru Forester first to ace new crash test (video)
- Audi R8 V10 by ABT Sportsline packs 600 hp
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class debuts in Hamburg
- Tesla Model S: The Best Car Ever?
- 2014 Cadillac XTS gets a twin-turbo V6 with 410 hp – automatic parking assist
- Watch a horrifying Ferrari 458 crash at the Suzuka Circuit in Japan
- This is how the Audi R8 is handcrafted at the Neckarsulm factory (video)