The High Performance Event by Continental and Auto Bild Sportscars at Italy’s 12 km Nardo circuit brings new records every year.
At this year’s event tuner Steinmetz set a new speed record for street-legal Opel vehicles. Their Insignia Sports Tourer OPC hit a top speed of 287.4 km/h (178.6 mph), making it the fastest Opel ever built.
The record-breaking car is a work between Steinmetz and Klasen Motors who was responsible for the performance upgrades, while Steinmetz lowered the car and worked on visual upgrades.
Performance upgrades include a modified intercooler, larger turbo with 3″ exhaust system including rear silencer, modified fuel injection system and reprogrammed engine electronics. After these changes Insignia OPC packs 400 horsepower at 5250 rpm and 550 Nm of torque.
- Mansory Stallone tuning package for Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
- Lotus Exige S Roadster with 345 hp now available to order – EU prices start from 55,378 EUR plus local taxes
- Chevrolet Spark EV priced from $27,495 – lease from $199 per month
- Hennessey VelociRaptor SUV based on Ford F-150 Raport revealed – priced from $149,500
- Limited Edition Megane Renaultsport Red Bull Racing RB8 revealed
- Nissan GT-R Gentleman Edition announced in France
- 2014 BMW M5 and M6 line-up launched gets an optional Competition Package with extra 15 hp
- Aston Martin centenary celebrations continue – CC100 Speedster Concept debuts at the ADAC Zurich 24 Hours race
- New redesigned Subaru Forester first to ace new crash test (video)
- Audi R8 V10 by ABT Sportsline packs 600 hp