Hyundai has released a computer rendering of the new concept – codenamed HED-6, that will make its public debut next month at the Geneva Motor Show.
The HED-6 (Hyundai European Design No.6) is likely a preview for the 2010 Hyundai Tucson Crossover, which will go on sale end of this year.
This rendering is quite similar to the ones our artist did few weeks ago, which were based on spy shots of the next-generation Tucson.
HED-6 concept is powered by a 175 hp, 1.6-liter GDi turbocharged engine. Exterior design is enhanced by the hexagonal grille, angular style lines and piercing back-swept front headlamps. This future Hyundai rides on 21-inch, mirror polished alloy wheels.
The three-dimensional, sculpted shape of the rear window is achieved using “Lexan” high-performance plastics instead of regular glass. To emphasize the dynamic flowing lines, the designers have developed a special ‘Ice Blue’ exterior paint, with an advanced pigment effect for a brilliant shine.
Allan Rushforth, Vice President at Hyundai Motor Europe said, “The HED-6 brings an entirely new look to Hyundai’s SUV line-up. It fuses a robust exterior with a fresh and elegant interior, making for an eye-catching package, while its latest-generation power train highlights Hyundai’s clean-technology expertise.”
- Mansory Stallone tuning package for Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
- Lotus Exige S Roadster with 345 hp now available to order – EU prices start from 55,378 EUR plus local taxes
- Chevrolet Spark EV priced from $27,495 – lease from $199 per month
- Hennessey VelociRaptor SUV based on Ford F-150 Raport revealed – priced from $149,500
- Limited Edition Megane Renaultsport Red Bull Racing RB8 revealed
- Nissan GT-R Gentleman Edition announced in France
- 2014 BMW M5 and M6 line-up launched gets an optional Competition Package with extra 15 hp
- Aston Martin centenary celebrations continue – CC100 Speedster Concept debuts at the ADAC Zurich 24 Hours race
- New redesigned Subaru Forester first to ace new crash test (video)
- Audi R8 V10 by ABT Sportsline packs 600 hp