Hyundai Nuvis Hybrid is the eleventh concept from company’s design center in Irvine, California.
This futuristic three-door crossover with gullwing doors features company’s new parallel hybrid drive system called Blue Drive hybrid. Nuvis Hybrid Concept is on display from yesterday at the New York Auto Show.
“Our goal was to create a living machine, constantly moving, that the driver and passengers could be part of,” said John Krsteski, Hyundai Design manager. “There are no lines on or in this car that are standing still.”
Hyundai’s Blue Drive hybrid uses a 2.4-liter four-cylinder gasoline engine that is mated to a 30kW electric motor. This system can send power to the wheels from both engines or only from the gasoline or electric engine.
Don’t expect to see anything similar in production by Hyundai, well at least not in the near future. But you can soon buy the next-generation Sonata end of next year with the Blue Drive hybrid system.
- Audi A3 declared 2014 World Car of the Year
- 2015 Dodge Charger facelift revealed with a full-body makeover
- SRT Viper GTS Anodized Carbon Time Attack debuts at the New York Auto Show
- First interior images for the new Mercedes-AMG GT supercar revealed
- Audi RS 7 dynamic edition to debut at the New York Auto Show
- First 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 auctioned for $1 Million
- Land Rover Discovery Vision Concept revealed, debuts this wee at the New York Auto Show