Hyundai Nuvis Hybrid is the eleventh concept from company’s design center in Irvine, California.
This futuristic three-door crossover with gullwing doors features company’s new parallel hybrid drive system called Blue Drive hybrid. Nuvis Hybrid Concept is on display from yesterday at the New York Auto Show.
“Our goal was to create a living machine, constantly moving, that the driver and passengers could be part of,” said John Krsteski, Hyundai Design manager. “There are no lines on or in this car that are standing still.”
Hyundai’s Blue Drive hybrid uses a 2.4-liter four-cylinder gasoline engine that is mated to a 30kW electric motor. This system can send power to the wheels from both engines or only from the gasoline or electric engine.
Don’t expect to see anything similar in production by Hyundai, well at least not in the near future. But you can soon buy the next-generation Sonata end of next year with the Blue Drive hybrid system.
- Bedtime Horror Story in 60 Seconds! This One-Minute Short Film Is Spooky Scary
- This Is Scary! Professional Stuntman Rides a Motorcycle Over a Bridge’s Arch Beam
- Stunning Long Exposure Photo Of the Lunar Eclipse Rising Over China Looks Like a Falling Star
- Ironic How Beautiful War Machines Can Be! This Is One Of The Coolest Fighter Jet Compilations
- Amazing Time-Lapse Video Shows Rome, Pisa & Vatican City In 4K Ultra HD
- This Slow Motion Video In 4K HD Is Mind Blowingly Awesome From Breakdancing To Motorcycling
- This Viral Photo Of A Great White Shark With Open Jaws Is Here To Haunt Your Dreams