Hyundai Nuvis Hybrid is the eleventh concept from company’s design center in Irvine, California.
This futuristic three-door crossover with gullwing doors features company’s new parallel hybrid drive system called Blue Drive hybrid. Nuvis Hybrid Concept is on display from yesterday at the New York Auto Show.
“Our goal was to create a living machine, constantly moving, that the driver and passengers could be part of,” said John Krsteski, Hyundai Design manager. “There are no lines on or in this car that are standing still.”
Hyundai’s Blue Drive hybrid uses a 2.4-liter four-cylinder gasoline engine that is mated to a 30kW electric motor. This system can send power to the wheels from both engines or only from the gasoline or electric engine.
Don’t expect to see anything similar in production by Hyundai, well at least not in the near future. But you can soon buy the next-generation Sonata end of next year with the Blue Drive hybrid system.
- All-new Volvo XC90 comes with an impressive list of safety features
- Chevrolet unveils a new SS Pace Car, will be driven by actor Chris Pratt at Brickyard
- Mazda unveils the all-new Mazda2 / Demio in Japan
- Audi A7 Sportback 3.0 TDI competition celebrates 25 years of Audi TDI technology
- Aston Martin unveils a new V12 Vantage S Roadster as company’s fastest roadster
- Bespoke Porsche 911 Turbo S Exclusive GB Edition revealed for UK
- Bugatti Veyron successor rumoured to be a Hybrid