Hyundai Nuvis Hybrid is the eleventh concept from company’s design center in Irvine, California.
This futuristic three-door crossover with gullwing doors features company’s new parallel hybrid drive system called Blue Drive hybrid. Nuvis Hybrid Concept is on display from yesterday at the New York Auto Show.
“Our goal was to create a living machine, constantly moving, that the driver and passengers could be part of,” said John Krsteski, Hyundai Design manager. “There are no lines on or in this car that are standing still.”
Hyundai’s Blue Drive hybrid uses a 2.4-liter four-cylinder gasoline engine that is mated to a 30kW electric motor. This system can send power to the wheels from both engines or only from the gasoline or electric engine.
Don’t expect to see anything similar in production by Hyundai, well at least not in the near future. But you can soon buy the next-generation Sonata end of next year with the Blue Drive hybrid system.
- Watch upset motorist in East London drive off flatbed tow truck to avoid parking ticket
- Retro-styled Evanta Barchetta debuts at Goodwood Revival
- This Is Real, No CGI Here! Watch Amelia and Roel Dance On The Wall Of City Hall In Oakland
- Mercedes-AMG GT Roadster rendered with a black soft top
- “Project: Secret!” in the Porsche Museum will showcase 14 never-built studies, concepts and prototypes
- Stolen Jaguar XK-E gets returned to its rightful owner after 46 years
- Giant Manta Ray Tangled In Fishing Line Asks For Divers Help (VIDEO)