Hyundai Nuvis Hybrid is the eleventh concept from company’s design center in Irvine, California.
This futuristic three-door crossover with gullwing doors features company’s new parallel hybrid drive system called Blue Drive hybrid. Nuvis Hybrid Concept is on display from yesterday at the New York Auto Show.
“Our goal was to create a living machine, constantly moving, that the driver and passengers could be part of,” said John Krsteski, Hyundai Design manager. “There are no lines on or in this car that are standing still.”
Hyundai’s Blue Drive hybrid uses a 2.4-liter four-cylinder gasoline engine that is mated to a 30kW electric motor. This system can send power to the wheels from both engines or only from the gasoline or electric engine.
Don’t expect to see anything similar in production by Hyundai, well at least not in the near future. But you can soon buy the next-generation Sonata end of next year with the Blue Drive hybrid system.
- Moto Rider Brad O’Neal Launches Himself Into Air From a Ramp For a Very Unique BASE JUMP
- This Is Insane! Wath A Daredevil Remove His Harness To Walk On A Narrow Plank Path In The Sky
- Choosing the right tools for your garage and home
- 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO with a chassis no. 3851GT auctioned for $38 million
- Washed, Waxed and Ready to Go – But Who’s Buying?
- 2015 Cadillac Escalade Platinum revealed, entire line-up gets 8-speed transmission, surround view camera and 4G LTE connectivity
- How to Fix a Transmission Leak