The Genesis Prada, based on the 2012 Genesis sedan and featuring 5.0 GDi engine, is characterized by a special design that combines Prada’s sophisticated innovation, attention to detail and uncompromised quality approach with Hyundai’s advanced technology and expertise in car manufacturing.
Hyundai and Prada worked together for over two years to perfect the model, after unveiling a special edition at the 2009 Seoul Motor Show. This is the first time a production model is being introduced to the market.
The 2012 Genesis’s Tau 5.0 GDi engine delivers a peak power of 430ps and a maximum torque of 52.0kgm, mated with an eight-speed automatic transmission that allows drivers to enjoy the cars power and driving dynamics to their fullest extent.
Genesis Prada comes in three special colors – Black Nero, Blue Baltico and Brown Moro – that are applied with a three-layer coat technology with stereoscopic gold pearl. Dark chrome is applied to the radiator grille, emblem and door handles to reflect the unique palladium-coated buckles on Prada’s bags. The innovations introduced by Prada include also 19-inch alloy wheels and an outer antenna with a wedge shape.
For the interior, the dashboard and the upholstery have also been revised and artisan-crafted in “saffiano” leather – Prada’s signature top quality leather – to obtain a luxurious and sophisticated finish.
Hyundai plans to offer a limited number of 1,200 units in the Korean market, later exporting to a limited number of Middle Eastern and Asian countries, including China.
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class debuts in Hamburg
- 2014 Cadillac XTS gets a twin-turbo V6 with 410 hp – automatic parking assist
- Watch a horrifying Ferrari 458 crash at the Suzuka Circuit in Japan
- This is how the Audi R8 is handcrafted at the Neckarsulm factory (video)
- New Peugeot 308 – first official pictures and details
- This is how Brazilian police rams a drug plane to prevent takeoff (video)
- Volkswagen Amarok Power-Pickup concept with V6 TDI debuts at Wörthersee
- Volkswagen Design Vision GTI concept with 503 horsepower is the ultimate Golf GTI
- 2013 Playmate of the Year Raquel Pomplun gets $100k and a 2014 Jaguar F-Type
- Bentley Mulsanne and Continental Le Mans Limited Edition models announced