Designed at Hyundai’s European headquarters in Russelsheim, Germany, the new i20 follows in the stylish European footsteps of the acclaimed i10 and i30 models. Lower, longer and wider than the Getz it replaces, the five-door i20 rides on an extended 2525mm wheelbase.
i20 arrives with a palette of 10 new solid and metallic exterior hues – including fashionable Crystal White.
I20 comes in four trim levels – Classic, Comfort, Style and Premium – featuring climate control, a powerful four-speaker radio, CD and MP3 audio system with integrated data display screen, a multi-function steering wheel, tyre pressure monitoring system, height-adjustable driver seat, keyless entry and electrically operated windows and side mirrors.
Seven engine choises. The Euro IV-compliant petrol line-up comprises the 78PS 1.2, 100PS 1.4 and 126PS 1.6 all available with five-speed manual transmissions, with the option of four-speed automatic gearboxes on the 1.4 and 1.6 models.
Diesel engines include four Euro IV -compliant turbo diesel engines, fitted with CPF diesel particulate traps as standard for 1.6 (115ps & 128ps) diesel engine. The 1.4 comes in two specifications – 75PS and 90PS – while the flagship 1.6 is available in 115PS and 128PS trim. Economical and clean, the 115PS variant returns a class-leading CO₂figure of 115g/km and 4.3l/100km on the combined cycle.
i20 has six airbags – front, side and curtain – fitted as standard, active headrests, front seatbelt pretensioners and latest generation ABS anti-lock brakes, ESP electronic stability control, EBD Electronic Brakeforce Distribution.
Initially available as a five-door model, a sportier three-door i20 version will debut in January 2009.
- Mansory Stallone tuning package for Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
- Lotus Exige S Roadster with 345 hp now available to order – EU prices start from 55,378 EUR plus local taxes
- Chevrolet Spark EV priced from $27,495 – lease from $199 per month
- Hennessey VelociRaptor SUV based on Ford F-150 Raport revealed – priced from $149,500
- Limited Edition Megane Renaultsport Red Bull Racing RB8 revealed
- Nissan GT-R Gentleman Edition announced in France
- 2014 BMW M5 and M6 line-up launched gets an optional Competition Package with extra 15 hp
- Aston Martin centenary celebrations continue – CC100 Speedster Concept debuts at the ADAC Zurich 24 Hours race
- New redesigned Subaru Forester first to ace new crash test (video)
- Audi R8 V10 by ABT Sportsline packs 600 hp