Hyundai has introduced the all-new 2013 Elantra GT in a North American debut at the Chicago Auto Show. Elantra GT is slated to hit U.S. dealerships this summer and the whole Elantra lineup now includes Coupe – also making its world debut in Chicago and the sedan, that was voted the 2012 North American Car of the Year. Elantra GT is based on the new-generation i30 model designed for the European market.
The 2013 Elantra GT will go against the likes of Ford Focus, Mazda3 and Volkswagen Golf, featuring more interior volume than these models, unsurpassed fuel economy and Hyundai’s Driver Selectable Steering Mode.
For example, Elantra GT is the lightest five-door hatchback in the compact segment. It is 175 pounds lighter than Focus, 151 pounds lighter than Mazda3 and 222 pounds lighter than Golf.
Elantra GT is powered by a 1.8-liter Nu four-cylinder engine with 148 horsepower and 131 lb-ft of torque (145 horsepower and 130 lb-ft of torque for Elantra PZEV).
Elantra GT can be equipped with a six-speed manual or automatic transaxle with SHIFTRONIC manual control.
- Nissan GT-R Gentleman Edition announced in France
- 2014 BMW M5 and M6 line-up launched gets an optional Competition Package with extra 15 hp
- Aston Martin centenary celebrations continue – CC100 Speedster Concept debuts at the ADAC Zurich 24 Hours race
- New redesigned Subaru Forester first to ace new crash test (video)
- Audi R8 V10 by ABT Sportsline packs 600 hp
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class debuts in Hamburg
- Tesla Model S: The Best Car Ever?
- 2014 Cadillac XTS gets a twin-turbo V6 with 410 hp – automatic parking assist
- Watch a horrifying Ferrari 458 crash at the Suzuka Circuit in Japan
- This is how the Audi R8 is handcrafted at the Neckarsulm factory (video)