The dynamic concept hints at the styling direction of an all-new small SUV slated to launch in Japan by the end of 2013, followed by the U.S. market in 2014.
The Urban SUV Concept measures 169.3 inches long and is nine inches shorter than the Honda CR-V, making it the ideal size for navigating both crowded city streets and open mountain roads.
The Urban SUV Concept represents the expansion of vehicles based on Honda’s Global Compact Series, which includes the Honda Fit subcompact and the Honda City subcompact sedan, a model sold in markets outside the United States.
The small SUV will be manufactured along with the Fit at Honda’s newest North American plant near Celaya, Mexico, expected to open in the spring of 2014.
- First interior images for the new Mercedes-AMG GT supercar revealed
- Audi RS 7 dynamic edition to debut at the New York Auto Show
- First 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 auctioned for $1 Million
- Land Rover Discovery Vision Concept revealed, debuts this wee at the New York Auto Show
- Volkswagen Golf TSI Sportwagen concept to debut at the New York Auto Show
- Drop-top Supercar: 2015 Corvette Z06 Convertible revealed with at least 625 horsepower
- Ford Focus remains world’s best-selling vehicle in 2013 with 1,097,618 cars sold worldwide