General Motors has announced, that it will develop an all-new global family of small-displacement Ecotec gasoline engines over the next several years. New engines will give customers improved fuel economy, higher quality, better performance and reduced carbon dioxide emissions.
The new global engine family will comprise a range of three- and four-cylinder engines – in displacements from 1.0L to 1.5L – engineered and manufactured in multiple regions for global use.
“Our customers around the world agree we need to reduce our dependence on petroleum and reduce vehicle carbon emissions,” said Jim Federico, vehicle line executive for GM global small cars and electric vehicles. “We are working aggressively on vehicle electrification and other technologies, but the most immediate progress will come from continually improving the internal combustion engine.”
Production is expected to begin mid-decade. The engines will be introduced in GM global vehicle programs across multiple vehicle architectures in various regions, through the end of the decade.
- This Viral Photo Of A Great White Shark With Open Jaws Is Here To Haunt Your Dreams
- Need Some Travel Ideas? Check Out This Amazing Travel Video Showing Different Parts Of Turkey
- Love Yoga? This Is What Doing Yoga Would Look Like In An X-Ray Machine
- Mr. Bean Returns As A Hopeless Ninja In A Hilarious Snickers ‘You Are Not You’ Ad
- Air New Zealand Creates A New Epic Flight Safety Film With Lord Of The Rings Characters
- 8,000 Horsepower In Action! Drag Boat Race Is Way Cooler Than The Quarter Mile Race Between Cars
- This Is The Real Sharknado! More Than 100 Sharks Attack A School Of Bluefish Right On The Beach