Ford has unveiled a bold new 2012-specification Formula Ford car to visitors at the Frankfurt Motor Show. The new-generation Formula Ford cars will use a production-based 1.6-litre Ford EcoBoost direct injection, turbocharged engine, limited to producing around 165 horsepower and 220 Nm of torque, and mated to a 6-speed sequential transmission with mechanical shift mechanism.
Ford’s global kinetic design philosophy is also echoed in the new-generation car, giving fans of the championship a style they can easily recognise.
The car features a tubular chassis, front and rear carbon crash structures, side intrusion panels, FIA specification head restraint system, wheel tethers and an FIA removable seat.
FIA compliance will allow the 2012 specification car to be applicable for Formula Ford championships around the globe, especially in emerging markets where alignment to FIA regulations is commonplace.
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class debuts in Hamburg
- 2014 Cadillac XTS gets a twin-turbo V6 with 410 hp – automatic parking assist
- Watch a horrifying Ferrari 458 crash at the Suzuka Circuit in Japan
- This is how the Audi R8 is handcrafted at the Neckarsulm factory (video)
- New Peugeot 308 – first official pictures and details
- This is how Brazilian police rams a drug plane to prevent takeoff (video)
- Volkswagen Amarok Power-Pickup concept with V6 TDI debuts at Wörthersee
- Volkswagen Design Vision GTI concept with 503 horsepower is the ultimate Golf GTI
- 2013 Playmate of the Year Raquel Pomplun gets $100k and a 2014 Jaguar F-Type
- Bentley Mulsanne and Continental Le Mans Limited Edition models announced