The auction had a starting price of 315,888 USD, which is also the starting price for the F12Berlinetta in the States. After some bidding Larry Roth’s bid at 1,125M USD was announced as the final and winning bid.
In addition to Mr. Roth’s contribution, another 345,000 USD was donated by Ferrari dealers, clients and friends, bringing the total
to almost 1.5 million.
All the money from the auction went to the Red Cross of Central Texas to support victims of Hurricane Sandy.
Ferrari will start F12Berlinetta deliveries in U.S. in the second quarter of 2013.
The F12Berlinetta is powered by a V12 6.2-liter engine with 730 hp and 509 lb-ft of torque, mated to a dual-clutch gearbox, enabling it to reach 62 mph in 3.1 seconds and a top speed of 211 mph.
- 8,000 Horsepower In Action! Drag Boat Race Is Way Cooler Than The Quarter Mile Race Between Cars
- This Is The Real Sharknado! More Than 100 Sharks Attack A School Of Bluefish Right On The Beach
- Time To Visit Norway! Beautiful Time-Lapse Shows Everything From Deep Fjords To Northern Lights
- Get Creative In The Kitchen! This Is How You Make Beatles Pancakes!
- This Death Defying Bike Ride Through The Isle of Skye In Scotland Is Just EPIC!
- This Is Not A Photoshop! A Full 360 Degree Circle Rainbow Over Australia
- This Awesome Time-Lapse Video Shows How To Counterfit A Giant One Dollar Bill With Just A Pencil