The auction had a starting price of 315,888 USD, which is also the starting price for the F12Berlinetta in the States. After some bidding Larry Roth’s bid at 1,125M USD was announced as the final and winning bid.
In addition to Mr. Roth’s contribution, another 345,000 USD was donated by Ferrari dealers, clients and friends, bringing the total
to almost 1.5 million.
All the money from the auction went to the Red Cross of Central Texas to support victims of Hurricane Sandy.
Ferrari will start F12Berlinetta deliveries in U.S. in the second quarter of 2013.
The F12Berlinetta is powered by a V12 6.2-liter engine with 730 hp and 509 lb-ft of torque, mated to a dual-clutch gearbox, enabling it to reach 62 mph in 3.1 seconds and a top speed of 211 mph.
- Mansory Stallone tuning package for Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
- Lotus Exige S Roadster with 345 hp now available to order – EU prices start from 55,378 EUR plus local taxes
- Chevrolet Spark EV priced from $27,495 – lease from $199 per month
- Hennessey VelociRaptor SUV based on Ford F-150 Raport revealed – priced from $149,500
- Limited Edition Megane Renaultsport Red Bull Racing RB8 revealed
- Nissan GT-R Gentleman Edition announced in France
- 2014 BMW M5 and M6 line-up launched gets an optional Competition Package with extra 15 hp
- Aston Martin centenary celebrations continue – CC100 Speedster Concept debuts at the ADAC Zurich 24 Hours race
- New redesigned Subaru Forester first to ace new crash test (video)
- Audi R8 V10 by ABT Sportsline packs 600 hp