The auction had a starting price of 315,888 USD, which is also the starting price for the F12Berlinetta in the States. After some bidding Larry Roth’s bid at 1,125M USD was announced as the final and winning bid.
In addition to Mr. Roth’s contribution, another 345,000 USD was donated by Ferrari dealers, clients and friends, bringing the total
to almost 1.5 million.
All the money from the auction went to the Red Cross of Central Texas to support victims of Hurricane Sandy.
Ferrari will start F12Berlinetta deliveries in U.S. in the second quarter of 2013.
The F12Berlinetta is powered by a V12 6.2-liter engine with 730 hp and 509 lb-ft of torque, mated to a dual-clutch gearbox, enabling it to reach 62 mph in 3.1 seconds and a top speed of 211 mph.
- 400th Bugatti Veyron sold – just 50 models of the super sports car are still available
- Video: Crazy cyclist rides (BACKWARD) downhill on a wet mountain road in Norway at 50 mph
- This is the new 2015 Ford Mustang with EcoBoost power, independent rear suspension and sleeker design
- Epic video: Ferrari F50 drifting in slow motion – filmed with high speed camera
- Audi Q1 compact SUV confirmed – will be produced from 2016
- Lamborghini Veneno Roadster makes an exclusive debut on Italian aircraft carrier in Abu Dhabi
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition Convertible announced, priced from $77,450
- Rest in Peace! Fast and Furious actor Paul Walker dies in a car accident
- Lamborghini Veneno in motion – hear the V12 scream on the track!
- Video: Mercedes SLS AMG with two turbos on the dyno shows big exhaust flames