The auction had a starting price of 315,888 USD, which is also the starting price for the F12Berlinetta in the States. After some bidding Larry Roth’s bid at 1,125M USD was announced as the final and winning bid.
In addition to Mr. Roth’s contribution, another 345,000 USD was donated by Ferrari dealers, clients and friends, bringing the total
to almost 1.5 million.
All the money from the auction went to the Red Cross of Central Texas to support victims of Hurricane Sandy.
Ferrari will start F12Berlinetta deliveries in U.S. in the second quarter of 2013.
The F12Berlinetta is powered by a V12 6.2-liter engine with 730 hp and 509 lb-ft of torque, mated to a dual-clutch gearbox, enabling it to reach 62 mph in 3.1 seconds and a top speed of 211 mph.
- Bedtime Horror Story in 60 Seconds! This One-Minute Short Film Is Spooky Scary
- This Is Scary! Professional Stuntman Rides a Motorcycle Over a Bridge’s Arch Beam
- Stunning Long Exposure Photo Of the Lunar Eclipse Rising Over China Looks Like a Falling Star
- Ironic How Beautiful War Machines Can Be! This Is One Of The Coolest Fighter Jet Compilations
- Amazing Time-Lapse Video Shows Rome, Pisa & Vatican City In 4K Ultra HD
- This Slow Motion Video In 4K HD Is Mind Blowingly Awesome From Breakdancing To Motorcycling
- This Viral Photo Of A Great White Shark With Open Jaws Is Here To Haunt Your Dreams