The auction had a starting price of 315,888 USD, which is also the starting price for the F12Berlinetta in the States. After some bidding Larry Roth’s bid at 1,125M USD was announced as the final and winning bid.
In addition to Mr. Roth’s contribution, another 345,000 USD was donated by Ferrari dealers, clients and friends, bringing the total
to almost 1.5 million.
All the money from the auction went to the Red Cross of Central Texas to support victims of Hurricane Sandy.
Ferrari will start F12Berlinetta deliveries in U.S. in the second quarter of 2013.
The F12Berlinetta is powered by a V12 6.2-liter engine with 730 hp and 509 lb-ft of torque, mated to a dual-clutch gearbox, enabling it to reach 62 mph in 3.1 seconds and a top speed of 211 mph.
- Luxurious Cadillac Escalade Concept One by Lexani has an incredibly cool interior
- Hilarious Slow Motion Video Captures People’s Faces As They Get Hit With A 300,000-Volt Taser
- Peugeot Quartz crossover concept with a 500bhp HYbrid drivetrain revealed ahead of Paris debut
- This Is Little Hardcore! Watch 19 Daredevils Unicycle The Mountains Of Moab
- All-new Volvo XC90 R-Design revealed with sportier look
- This Is Just Insane! Watch Daredevil Holding a Glider’s Tail While Flying On Another Glider
- Watch Two Kayakers Go Down On A Drainage Ditch In Lions Bay At Speeds Up to 45MPH