Presented at the Fiat stand, the prototype stands out for its sinuous yet decidedly sporty and contemporary contours, inspired by the namesake predecessor built in the 1950 by the famous Italian bodyworker on the chassis of the 500.
The unique shape of the roof features the characteristic “double hump”, the true emblem of Zagato, teaming the lowering of the car with retaining excellent interior comfort.
The concept car affords the classic “2+2 seater” formula, retaining the compact dimensions of the basic model: indeed, it is 355 centimetres long, 163 cm wide and 149 cm high, with a 230 centimetre wheelbase. So it is a compact car which “conceals” under the bonnet the revolutionary TwinAir 105 HP engine which maximizes the “fun to drive” of this car, while ensuring, consistently with the downsizing philosophy, excellent performance levels against a considerable reduction in fuel consumption and emission levels. To achieve this objective, the engine features a specific “turbomatching” (engine-turbocharger coupling).
The 105 HP TwinAir engine, which has never been used on any of the Group’s models yet, is therefore the ideal engine to be installed in compact sized sporty cars, as demonstrated by the high torque delivered (155 Nm at 2,500 rpm) and the absolute world record in terms of absolute power (105 HP at 5,500 rpm). In addition, at 124 HP/litre, this engine is also one of the world leaders in specific power. All while ensuring reduced fuel consumption and CO2 emissions unrivalled in this category: 95 g/km.
- Watch “perfect dudes” perform wild tricks with Fiat 500C Abarths
- British Grand Prix Preview
- All-new BMW 4 Series Coupe revealed, replaces the 3 Series Coupe
- Audi A4 Avant with 380 horsepower by ABT Sportsline
- 30 millionth Volkswagen Golf drives off the assembly line in Wolfsburg
- PICTURES: Porsche Cayenne S Diesel shows its off-road capabilities
- New Porsche LMP1 prototype revealed ahead of 2014 season
- Rolls-Royce Wraith coupe in motion on British country roads (video)
- SEAT Leon Verde plug-in electric prototype unveiled – based on Leon hatchback
- Lamborghini Sesto Elemento caught on the track at a special event in Nevada (video)