RUF Automobile GmbH has developed an all-electric eRUF Greenster with Siemens Corporate Technology. eRuf Greenster is powered by a small central electric motor with a power output of 270 kW (362 hp) and 950 Nm of torque.
Weight of the car is 1695 kg (3736 lbs).
0-100 km/h takes approximately 5 seconds and the top speed is 250 km/h. Range is 250 km with the standard battery block and 320 km with enlarged block.
ERuf is the world’s first electric vehicle to use a bi-directional network connection – it means the system is capable to be recharged in less than an hour at a 400-volt power outlet and can also feed the energy back into the power network if needed.
Small production series of the eRUF is planned already in 2010. Looks like Tesla Roadster has more and more competition coming in the field of electric sports cars.
The Evolution of the eRUF in Collaboration with our Technology Partner Siemens Corporate Technology
software and sensor technology and of course electric drive train systems, and the The research organization of Siemens (Corporate Technology) is working intensively on the topic of electro mobility, which could become part of its environment portfolio, with 19 billion Euros already contributing a mere 25% of total revenue. The demands made on the electric vehicle and the design of the power network infrastructure play a decisive role. Topics being investigated include, among others, energy generation and distribution, traffic and energy management, smart metering, power electronics, recovery and storage of energy. Within the scope of this research, Siemens Corporate Technology has developed an integrated system consisting of a motor/generator, power electronics and an interface with a battery connection for electrically powered cars.
The fundamental ideas that led RUF Automobile GmbH to develop an electrically driven vehicle came from Alois Ruf. The head of the automobile manufacturer from the Bavarian town of Pfaffenhausen had a vision of a simple energy transfer concept: his hydroelectric power plants, which feed 35 million kW hours of electricity per annum into the Germany electrical network, could also propel the eRUF. The symbiosis of two leading companies – Siemens as a leader in the electric industry and RUF in the automobile industry – will leverage the best possible synergies for the future of electro mobility.
Siemens Corporate Technology has developed an adapted power train for the eRuf “Greenster”. Thus, a preliminary version of the concept for the innovative eDrive from Siemens will already be on display in Geneva. While the vehicle to be presented in Geneva is still equipped with a central motor with a power output of 270 kW and 950 Nm [Wort gelöscht] torque, the following version will be produced as a small series with Ruf as a double-motor concept with the innovative integral eDrive. As such, the eRUF will be the world’s first electric vehicle fitted with a bi-directional network connection, which without the otherwise necessary additional recharging electronics – is capable to be recharged in less than an hour at a 400-volt power outlet – and can use the same power outlet to feed energy back into the power network if required. The small series planned on the basis of this concept by RUF Automobile is expected to hit the streets in 2010.
Technical data of the eRUF Greenster – status as of March 2009
* open body version with removable roof and “soft” rear window and safety roll bar
* forged 19″ aluminium five-spoke wheels
* brake system with ceramic brake disks in the front and the rear
* drive train by Siemens AG
* mid engine with an output of 270 kW and a torque of 950 Nm
* reduction gear unit 2:1, full electronical forward and reverse gear selection
* lithium-ion-accumulators of GAIA
* weight: 1695 kg
* 0 – 100 km/h: approx. 5 sec.
* maximum speed: 250 km/h
* reach: 250 km; with enlarged battery block: 320 km
- Range Rover Evoque gets a wide bodykit from Prior Design
- BMW Gran Lusso Coupe concept revealed – the ultimate luxury coupe
- McLaren 50 12C & 12C Spider announced to celebrate 50 years of McLaren
- Ford will close all their manufacturing plants in Australia by 2016
- Mansory Stallone tuning package for Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
- Lotus Exige S Roadster with 345 hp now available to order – EU prices start from 55,378 EUR plus local taxes
- Chevrolet Spark EV priced from $27,495 – lease from $199 per month
- Hennessey VelociRaptor SUV based on Ford F-150 Raport revealed – priced from $149,500
- Limited Edition Megane Renaultsport Red Bull Racing RB8 revealed
- Nissan GT-R Gentleman Edition announced in France