The Donkervoort GTO is powered by an Audi sourced five cylinder 2.5 liter TFSI unit that produces between 340 to 400 HP and a torque of 450 Nm from about 1600 RPMs. That’s not a whole lot, but considering the car weighs around 700 kilos, it all translates to awesome performance and pure fun.
The first 25 specially designed GTOs are also equipped with a 2.5 TFSI motor, which is 30 kg lighter than the standard Audi variant. The dashboard in this design of the GTO is equipped with a special race module switch, which can increase the capacity from 340 to 400 HP at once. Connected to this is another Donkervoort novelty: the first car from Lelystad that has ‘traction control’ on board. Only for when it is raining of course.’
The production of the new car starts in 2012, whereby it is expected that the first specially designed GTOs will be delivered in the summer. The first ‘regular’ versions are expected on the European roads starting in 2013. The price of the new GTO is between € 100,000 and € 150,000 excluding taxes.
- Mansory Stallone tuning package for Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
- Lotus Exige S Roadster with 345 hp now available to order – EU prices start from 55,378 EUR plus local taxes
- Chevrolet Spark EV priced from $27,495 – lease from $199 per month
- Hennessey VelociRaptor SUV based on Ford F-150 Raport revealed – priced from $149,500
- Limited Edition Megane Renaultsport Red Bull Racing RB8 revealed
- Nissan GT-R Gentleman Edition announced in France
- 2014 BMW M5 and M6 line-up launched gets an optional Competition Package with extra 15 hp
- Aston Martin centenary celebrations continue – CC100 Speedster Concept debuts at the ADAC Zurich 24 Hours race
- New redesigned Subaru Forester first to ace new crash test (video)
- Audi R8 V10 by ABT Sportsline packs 600 hp