Caterham has added a new model to its iconic range of Sevens, giving the acclaimed Supersport a steroid-induced brother – the two-litre Supersport R, which packs 180bhp from a 2.0 liter Ford Duratec paired with limited-slip differential to further enhance its performance credentials.
Designed to sit immediately above its 1.6-litre sibling in the Seven range, the Supersport R is priced at £24,995 in UK in self-build form or £27,995 fully-built. It features a 25% power increase on the Supersport, as well as 5bhp more than the R300 road car.
Caterham Cars’ Chief Executive, Graham Macdonald, said: “The Supersport’s formula has struck a chord with driving enthusiasts and we are confident that, by extending the range to include an R model, we will be able to build on the original’s success.
“The performance of the car is very impressive but, teamed with the accessibility of the suspension specification that works so effortlessly on the road and track on the base model, it is well-balanced, satisfying and fun in terms of the driving experience it offers.”
Weighing just 535kg, the new vehicle extends the Supersport line, which already includes road and track versions of the 1.6-litre model.
Inside the cabin, a bespoke Supersport steering wheel, integrated change-up light, composite race seats and four-point race harnesses complete the track-inspired experience.
- Watch upset motorist in East London drive off flatbed tow truck to avoid parking ticket
- Retro-styled Evanta Barchetta debuts at Goodwood Revival
- This Is Real, No CGI Here! Watch Amelia and Roel Dance On The Wall Of City Hall In Oakland
- Mercedes-AMG GT Roadster rendered with a black soft top
- “Project: Secret!” in the Porsche Museum will showcase 14 never-built studies, concepts and prototypes
- Stolen Jaguar XK-E gets returned to its rightful owner after 46 years
- Giant Manta Ray Tangled In Fishing Line Asks For Divers Help (VIDEO)