Caterham has added a new model to its iconic range of Sevens, giving the acclaimed Supersport a steroid-induced brother – the two-litre Supersport R, which packs 180bhp from a 2.0 liter Ford Duratec paired with limited-slip differential to further enhance its performance credentials.
Designed to sit immediately above its 1.6-litre sibling in the Seven range, the Supersport R is priced at £24,995 in UK in self-build form or £27,995 fully-built. It features a 25% power increase on the Supersport, as well as 5bhp more than the R300 road car.
Caterham Cars’ Chief Executive, Graham Macdonald, said: “The Supersport’s formula has struck a chord with driving enthusiasts and we are confident that, by extending the range to include an R model, we will be able to build on the original’s success.
“The performance of the car is very impressive but, teamed with the accessibility of the suspension specification that works so effortlessly on the road and track on the base model, it is well-balanced, satisfying and fun in terms of the driving experience it offers.”
Weighing just 535kg, the new vehicle extends the Supersport line, which already includes road and track versions of the 1.6-litre model.
Inside the cabin, a bespoke Supersport steering wheel, integrated change-up light, composite race seats and four-point race harnesses complete the track-inspired experience.
- Luxurious Cadillac Escalade Concept One by Lexani has an incredibly cool interior
- Hilarious Slow Motion Video Captures People’s Faces As They Get Hit With A 300,000-Volt Taser
- Peugeot Quartz crossover concept with a 500bhp HYbrid drivetrain revealed ahead of Paris debut
- This Is Little Hardcore! Watch 19 Daredevils Unicycle The Mountains Of Moab
- All-new Volvo XC90 R-Design revealed with sportier look
- This Is Just Insane! Watch Daredevil Holding a Glider’s Tail While Flying On Another Glider
- Watch Two Kayakers Go Down On A Drainage Ditch In Lions Bay At Speeds Up to 45MPH