BMW has opened a new mini site for the upcoming X5 M and X6 M. So far we have seen both cars with disguises on the front that hide larger air intakes and side vents. Also on the rear we have seen dual exhaust pipes.
As with all teaser sites it currently does not reveal much information.
Thankfully webmaster behind this site has given us some hints about both models.
On the source code we can see keywords:
<meta name=“keywords” content=“Crafted at M, SAV, SAC, Sports Activity Vehicle, Sports Activity Coupe, E70 M, E71 M, X5M, X5 M, X6M, X6 M, M GmbH, BMW M, discussion, behind the scenes, news, spyshots, spyshot, prototype, disguise, disguised, testing, Nordschleife, Nürburgring, report, blog entry, image material, press, press release, eight-cylinder engine, V8, Twin Scroll Twin Turbo, 550 bhp, performance, motorsport, sport, dynamics, xDrive, X-Drive, all-wheel, Adaptive Drive, HUD, Head Up Display, dynamic, sophisticated, feedback, gills, lightweight, spaciousness”>
We have no reason to believe that BMW has put there wrong information, so we can be 100% sure that both the X5 M and X6 M will get their power from a twin scroll twin turbo V8 that develops 550 horsepower. X5 M production code is E70 M and X6 M is called E71 M. Keyword “lightweight” suggests that the M version is lighter than the current standard version.
Source code does not reveal any actual performance numbers, but we expect both versions to accelerate from 0-100 km/h in less than 5 seconds.
Official mini site is here.
- Maserati Alfieri concept celebrates brand’s centenary at the Geneva Motor Show
- New Vauxhall Adam S revealed with 148bhp
- This is the new third-generation Audi TT with up to 310 horsepower in the TTS model
- Alfa Romeo 4C Spider “avant-prémiere” previews production model, scheduled to enter production in 2015 (VIDEO)
- Rembrandt Bugatti Legend based on the Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse revealed, priced from 2.18 million euro
- Apple unveils CarPlay at the Geneva Motor Show – an all-new way to control your iPhone through your car (VIDEO)
- Geneva 2014: Volkswagen T-ROC concept previews a new SUV range
- Peugeot 308 is the European Car of the Year 2014
- Bugatti Veyron Vivere by Mansory debuts at the Geneva Motor Show
- Koenigsegg Agera One:1 revealed – world’s first Megacar