BMW has opened a new mini site for the upcoming X5 M and X6 M. So far we have seen both cars with disguises on the front that hide larger air intakes and side vents. Also on the rear we have seen dual exhaust pipes.
As with all teaser sites it currently does not reveal much information.
Thankfully webmaster behind this site has given us some hints about both models.
On the source code we can see keywords:
<meta name=“keywords” content=“Crafted at M, SAV, SAC, Sports Activity Vehicle, Sports Activity Coupe, E70 M, E71 M, X5M, X5 M, X6M, X6 M, M GmbH, BMW M, discussion, behind the scenes, news, spyshots, spyshot, prototype, disguise, disguised, testing, Nordschleife, Nürburgring, report, blog entry, image material, press, press release, eight-cylinder engine, V8, Twin Scroll Twin Turbo, 550 bhp, performance, motorsport, sport, dynamics, xDrive, X-Drive, all-wheel, Adaptive Drive, HUD, Head Up Display, dynamic, sophisticated, feedback, gills, lightweight, spaciousness”>
We have no reason to believe that BMW has put there wrong information, so we can be 100% sure that both the X5 M and X6 M will get their power from a twin scroll twin turbo V8 that develops 550 horsepower. X5 M production code is E70 M and X6 M is called E71 M. Keyword “lightweight” suggests that the M version is lighter than the current standard version.
Source code does not reveal any actual performance numbers, but we expect both versions to accelerate from 0-100 km/h in less than 5 seconds.
Official mini site is here.
- 400th Bugatti Veyron sold – just 50 models of the super sports car are still available
- Video: Crazy cyclist rides (BACKWARD) downhill on a wet mountain road in Norway at 50 mph
- This is the new 2015 Ford Mustang with EcoBoost power, independent rear suspension and sleeker design
- Epic video: Ferrari F50 drifting in slow motion – filmed with high speed camera
- Audi Q1 compact SUV confirmed – will be produced from 2016
- Lamborghini Veneno Roadster makes an exclusive debut on Italian aircraft carrier in Abu Dhabi
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition Convertible announced, priced from $77,450
- Rest in Peace! Fast and Furious actor Paul Walker dies in a car accident
- Lamborghini Veneno in motion – hear the V12 scream on the track!
- Video: Mercedes SLS AMG with two turbos on the dyno shows big exhaust flames