BMW has opened a new mini site for the upcoming X5 M and X6 M. So far we have seen both cars with disguises on the front that hide larger air intakes and side vents. Also on the rear we have seen dual exhaust pipes.
As with all teaser sites it currently does not reveal much information.
Thankfully webmaster behind this site has given us some hints about both models.
On the source code we can see keywords:
<meta name=“keywords” content=“Crafted at M, SAV, SAC, Sports Activity Vehicle, Sports Activity Coupe, E70 M, E71 M, X5M, X5 M, X6M, X6 M, M GmbH, BMW M, discussion, behind the scenes, news, spyshots, spyshot, prototype, disguise, disguised, testing, Nordschleife, Nürburgring, report, blog entry, image material, press, press release, eight-cylinder engine, V8, Twin Scroll Twin Turbo, 550 bhp, performance, motorsport, sport, dynamics, xDrive, X-Drive, all-wheel, Adaptive Drive, HUD, Head Up Display, dynamic, sophisticated, feedback, gills, lightweight, spaciousness”>
We have no reason to believe that BMW has put there wrong information, so we can be 100% sure that both the X5 M and X6 M will get their power from a twin scroll twin turbo V8 that develops 550 horsepower. X5 M production code is E70 M and X6 M is called E71 M. Keyword “lightweight” suggests that the M version is lighter than the current standard version.
Source code does not reveal any actual performance numbers, but we expect both versions to accelerate from 0-100 km/h in less than 5 seconds.
Official mini site is here.
- Caring for your classic car
- Toyota GT86 CS-R3 rally car ready for the dirt and tarmac
- Range Rover Sport SVR laps the legendary Nordschleife circuit in Germany in 8 minutes 14 seconds
- Land Rover reveals third row seating for new Discovery Sport
- McLaren teases track-only P1 GTR with a massive rear wing and two exhaust pipes
- ATS Leggera revealed – a new two-seat roadster from Italy
- Aston Martin confirms bespoke super saloon: return of the Lagonda nameplate