All four models are equipped with the newly developed tri-turbo 3.0-liter six-cylinder in-line diesel engine which outputs 381 horsepower at 4,000 – 4,400 rpm and 740 Nm of torque at 2,000 – 3,000 rpm.
Sprint times from 0-100 km/h are:
BMW M550d xDrive Sedan: 4.7 seconds
BMW M550d xDrive Touring: 4.9 seconds
BMW X5 M50d: 5.4 seconds
BMW X6 M50d: 5.3 seconds
Technical highlights include an eight-speed sports automatic transmission, xDrive all-wheel drive, Auto Start-Stop function and M-tuned springs and dampers, bodyshell mounting, engine and transmission mounting.
There is also M Performance aerodynamic body kit, metallic grey side mirrors, trapezoidal tailpipes, 19- and 20-inch M light-alloy wheels, M model lettering on the door sills, boot lid and, in the case of the X5/X6 M50d, also in the instrument cluster and engine cover with “M Performance” badge.
Inside features include gearshift lever with M logo, exclusive Alcantara/Nappa leather M sports seats or Alcantara/Cloth in Grey Shadow, M leather steering wheel with shift paddles, BMW Individual roof liner in Anthracite, interior trim strips in Brushed Aluminium Shadow or Aluminium Hexagon.
Prices in Germany including VAT (19%) are below:
BMW M550d xDrive: 80,800 EUR
BMW M550d xDrive Touring: 83,750 EUR
BMW X5 M50d: 82,300 EUR
BMW X6 M50d: 85,800 EUR
- Mansory Stallone tuning package for Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
- Lotus Exige S Roadster with 345 hp now available to order – EU prices start from 55,378 EUR plus local taxes
- Chevrolet Spark EV priced from $27,495 – lease from $199 per month
- Hennessey VelociRaptor SUV based on Ford F-150 Raport revealed – priced from $149,500
- Limited Edition Megane Renaultsport Red Bull Racing RB8 revealed
- Nissan GT-R Gentleman Edition announced in France
- 2014 BMW M5 and M6 line-up launched gets an optional Competition Package with extra 15 hp
- Aston Martin centenary celebrations continue – CC100 Speedster Concept debuts at the ADAC Zurich 24 Hours race
- New redesigned Subaru Forester first to ace new crash test (video)
- Audi R8 V10 by ABT Sportsline packs 600 hp