The study presented at the Los Angeles Auto Show has been brought out in parallel to the ongoing development process for getting the all-electric I3 model from the BMW i brand ready for series production, and demonstrates the potential for conceivably extending the model range.
Like the BMW i3 Concept, the Coupe is also propelled by an electric motor, which develops a maximum output of 170 hp and peak torque of 184 lb-ft. Power is sent to the rear wheels via a single-speed transmission.
The i3 Concept Coupe measures 3,964 millimetres in length, 1,768 in width and 1,555 in height. When compared to the i3 Concept, the new study has a broader, lower-slung look. The wheelbase is unchanged from that of the standard i3, and is at 2,570 millimetres.
- McLaren P1 laps the extreme Nürburgring in less than seven minutes (VIDEO)
- 400th Bugatti Veyron sold – just 50 models of the super sports car are still available
- Video: Crazy cyclist rides (BACKWARD) downhill on a wet mountain road in Norway at 50 mph
- This is the new 2015 Ford Mustang with EcoBoost power, independent rear suspension and sleeker design
- Epic video: Ferrari F50 drifting in slow motion – filmed with high speed camera
- Audi Q1 compact SUV confirmed – will be produced from 2016
- Lamborghini Veneno Roadster makes an exclusive debut on Italian aircraft carrier in Abu Dhabi
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition Convertible announced, priced from $77,450
- Rest in Peace! Fast and Furious actor Paul Walker dies in a car accident
- Lamborghini Veneno in motion – hear the V12 scream on the track!