The study presented at the Los Angeles Auto Show has been brought out in parallel to the ongoing development process for getting the all-electric I3 model from the BMW i brand ready for series production, and demonstrates the potential for conceivably extending the model range.
Like the BMW i3 Concept, the Coupe is also propelled by an electric motor, which develops a maximum output of 170 hp and peak torque of 184 lb-ft. Power is sent to the rear wheels via a single-speed transmission.
The i3 Concept Coupe measures 3,964 millimetres in length, 1,768 in width and 1,555 in height. When compared to the i3 Concept, the new study has a broader, lower-slung look. The wheelbase is unchanged from that of the standard i3, and is at 2,570 millimetres.
- Volkswagen New Midsize Coupe Concept revealed
- All-new Ford Escort revealed – designed specifically to meet the needs of consumers in China
- Audi TT offroad concept show car revealed
- Volkswagen Golf R 400 concept is one wild hatchback with as much power as Porsche 911 Carrera S!
- Mercedes Concept Coupe SUV previews BMW X6 alternative
- BMW Vision Future Luxury concept debuts at the Beijing Motor Show
- Audi A3 declared 2014 World Car of the Year