The study presented at the Los Angeles Auto Show has been brought out in parallel to the ongoing development process for getting the all-electric I3 model from the BMW i brand ready for series production, and demonstrates the potential for conceivably extending the model range.
Like the BMW i3 Concept, the Coupe is also propelled by an electric motor, which develops a maximum output of 170 hp and peak torque of 184 lb-ft. Power is sent to the rear wheels via a single-speed transmission.
The i3 Concept Coupe measures 3,964 millimetres in length, 1,768 in width and 1,555 in height. When compared to the i3 Concept, the new study has a broader, lower-slung look. The wheelbase is unchanged from that of the standard i3, and is at 2,570 millimetres.
- Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4 makes its global debut in Geneva with 610 horsepower (VIDEOS)
- BMW X4 Sports Activity Coupe revealed – public debut next month in New York
- This is the new Honda Civic Type R Concept – production model to follow in 2015
- Mazda Hazumi concept previews next-generation subcompact – the new Mazda2
- Maserati Alfieri concept celebrates brand’s centenary at the Geneva Motor Show
- New Vauxhall Adam S revealed with 148bhp
- This is the new third-generation Audi TT with up to 310 horsepower in the TTS model
- Alfa Romeo 4C Spider “avant-prémiere” previews production model, scheduled to enter production in 2015 (VIDEO)
- Rembrandt Bugatti Legend based on the Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse revealed, priced from 2.18 million euro
- Apple unveils CarPlay at the Geneva Motor Show – an all-new way to control your iPhone through your car (VIDEO)