Here is the BMW Concept 4 Series Coupe, which will make its debut next month in Detroit, previewing the production model that is expected to arrive in the second half of 2013.
BMW points out that theConcept 4 Series Coupe adds a new dimension to the qualities of the BMW 3 Series Coupe in terms of aesthetics, dynamics and elegance. The “4” doesn’t just mark the start of a new cycle, it represents the zenith of a development curve.
The 4 Series has its own individual character and a standalone design. Compared to the current 3 Series Coupe, the 4 Series is 50 millimetres longer, 45 mm has been added to the front track and 80 mm to the rear track. It is also 44 mm broader than its predecessor, while the roof line is 16 mm lower and it is also longer measuring 4,641 mm.
In addition to a coupe a convertible will follow soon after. The hot M4 variants are also planned and are expected to arrive sometimes in 2014. Engine range will include the top units from the current 3 Series, while the M4 will use a new 3.0-litre turbocharged inline-six with around 450 horsepower.
- Citroen C-XR concept debuts in Beijing – looks production ready
- Volkswagen New Midsize Coupe Concept revealed
- All-new Ford Escort revealed – designed specifically to meet the needs of consumers in China
- Audi TT offroad concept show car revealed
- Volkswagen Golf R 400 concept is one wild hatchback with as much power as Porsche 911 Carrera S!
- Mercedes Concept Coupe SUV previews BMW X6 alternative
- BMW Vision Future Luxury concept debuts at the Beijing Motor Show