Here is the BMW Concept 4 Series Coupe, which will make its debut next month in Detroit, previewing the production model that is expected to arrive in the second half of 2013.
BMW points out that theConcept 4 Series Coupe adds a new dimension to the qualities of the BMW 3 Series Coupe in terms of aesthetics, dynamics and elegance. The “4” doesn’t just mark the start of a new cycle, it represents the zenith of a development curve.
The 4 Series has its own individual character and a standalone design. Compared to the current 3 Series Coupe, the 4 Series is 50 millimetres longer, 45 mm has been added to the front track and 80 mm to the rear track. It is also 44 mm broader than its predecessor, while the roof line is 16 mm lower and it is also longer measuring 4,641 mm.
In addition to a coupe a convertible will follow soon after. The hot M4 variants are also planned and are expected to arrive sometimes in 2014. Engine range will include the top units from the current 3 Series, while the M4 will use a new 3.0-litre turbocharged inline-six with around 450 horsepower.
- 2015 Porsche Cayenne facelift revealed with a sharper design and new engines
- Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations builds F-TYPE Concept to Support Team Sky in Tour de France
- All-new Volvo XC90 comes with an impressive list of safety features
- Chevrolet unveils a new SS Pace Car, will be driven by actor Chris Pratt at Brickyard
- Mazda unveils the all-new Mazda2 / Demio in Japan
- Audi A7 Sportback 3.0 TDI competition celebrates 25 years of Audi TDI technology
- Aston Martin unveils a new V12 Vantage S Roadster as company’s fastest roadster