Here is the BMW Concept 4 Series Coupe, which will make its debut next month in Detroit, previewing the production model that is expected to arrive in the second half of 2013.
BMW points out that theConcept 4 Series Coupe adds a new dimension to the qualities of the BMW 3 Series Coupe in terms of aesthetics, dynamics and elegance. The “4” doesn’t just mark the start of a new cycle, it represents the zenith of a development curve.
The 4 Series has its own individual character and a standalone design. Compared to the current 3 Series Coupe, the 4 Series is 50 millimetres longer, 45 mm has been added to the front track and 80 mm to the rear track. It is also 44 mm broader than its predecessor, while the roof line is 16 mm lower and it is also longer measuring 4,641 mm.
In addition to a coupe a convertible will follow soon after. The hot M4 variants are also planned and are expected to arrive sometimes in 2014. Engine range will include the top units from the current 3 Series, while the M4 will use a new 3.0-litre turbocharged inline-six with around 450 horsepower.
- Maserati Alfieri concept celebrates brand’s centenary at the Geneva Motor Show
- New Vauxhall Adam S revealed with 148bhp
- This is the new third-generation Audi TT with up to 310 horsepower in the TTS model
- Alfa Romeo 4C Spider “avant-prémiere” previews production model, scheduled to enter production in 2015 (VIDEO)
- Rembrandt Bugatti Legend based on the Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse revealed, priced from 2.18 million euro
- Apple unveils CarPlay at the Geneva Motor Show – an all-new way to control your iPhone through your car (VIDEO)
- Geneva 2014: Volkswagen T-ROC concept previews a new SUV range
- Peugeot 308 is the European Car of the Year 2014
- Bugatti Veyron Vivere by Mansory debuts at the Geneva Motor Show
- Koenigsegg Agera One:1 revealed – world’s first Megacar