Here is the BMW Concept 4 Series Coupe, which will make its debut next month in Detroit, previewing the production model that is expected to arrive in the second half of 2013.
BMW points out that theConcept 4 Series Coupe adds a new dimension to the qualities of the BMW 3 Series Coupe in terms of aesthetics, dynamics and elegance. The “4” doesn’t just mark the start of a new cycle, it represents the zenith of a development curve.
The 4 Series has its own individual character and a standalone design. Compared to the current 3 Series Coupe, the 4 Series is 50 millimetres longer, 45 mm has been added to the front track and 80 mm to the rear track. It is also 44 mm broader than its predecessor, while the roof line is 16 mm lower and it is also longer measuring 4,641 mm.
In addition to a coupe a convertible will follow soon after. The hot M4 variants are also planned and are expected to arrive sometimes in 2014. Engine range will include the top units from the current 3 Series, while the M4 will use a new 3.0-litre turbocharged inline-six with around 450 horsepower.
- 2015 Dodge Charger facelift revealed with a full-body makeover
- SRT Viper GTS Anodized Carbon Time Attack debuts at the New York Auto Show
- First interior images for the new Mercedes-AMG GT supercar revealed
- Audi RS 7 dynamic edition to debut at the New York Auto Show
- First 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 auctioned for $1 Million
- Land Rover Discovery Vision Concept revealed, debuts this wee at the New York Auto Show
- Volkswagen Golf TSI Sportwagen concept to debut at the New York Auto Show