Briggs Automotive Company is behind this single seat open top sports car called BAC Mono. The car is road legal and BAC will only build 35 units a year. Priced from £67k +tax the first 10 cars are already sold.
The Mono weighs just 540 kg and is powered by a 2.3 litre 4-pot lump by Cosworth and produces 280 hp. That translates to a power weight ratio of 520bhp per ton. 0-60mph comes in just 2.8 seconds and the top speed is 170mph.
The Mono features carbon fibre compositebody around a steel safety cell and comes with an FIA-compliant steel rollover structure.
Suspension is fully adjustable pushrod with damping by SACHS Racing and the 295mm brakes are from AP.
- Aston Martin Vanquish Volante revealed – ultimate british open top GT
- Watch “perfect dudes” perform wild tricks with Fiat 500C Abarths
- British Grand Prix Preview
- All-new BMW 4 Series Coupe revealed, replaces the 3 Series Coupe
- Audi A4 Avant with 380 horsepower by ABT Sportsline
- 30 millionth Volkswagen Golf drives off the assembly line in Wolfsburg
- PICTURES: Porsche Cayenne S Diesel shows its off-road capabilities
- New Porsche LMP1 prototype revealed ahead of 2014 season
- Rolls-Royce Wraith coupe in motion on British country roads (video)
- SEAT Leon Verde plug-in electric prototype unveiled – based on Leon hatchback