0-100 km/h comes in 5.0 seconds with the optional six-speed S tronic and the top speed is electronically governed at 250 km/h (155.34 mph). The six-speed manual transmission needs just five-tenths of a second more.
Equipped with quattro permanent all-wheel drive and a redesigned multi-plate clutch, the S3 Sportback is dynamic and stable in all conditions, even rain or snow.
Compared to its predecessor, the new model is 7o kg lighter, with a curb weight of 1,455 kg.
The front axle is 52 millimeters farther forward compared to the previous model. The new 2.0 TFSI is more than five kilograms lighter than the previous engine and is tilted backward by 12 degrees.
All this rides on 18-inch wheels fitted with low rolling resistance 225/40-series tires.
- Maserati Alfieri concept celebrates brand’s centenary at the Geneva Motor Show
- New Vauxhall Adam S revealed with 148bhp
- This is the new third-generation Audi TT with up to 310 horsepower in the TTS model
- Alfa Romeo 4C Spider “avant-prémiere” previews production model, scheduled to enter production in 2015 (VIDEO)
- Rembrandt Bugatti Legend based on the Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse revealed, priced from 2.18 million euro
- Apple unveils CarPlay at the Geneva Motor Show – an all-new way to control your iPhone through your car (VIDEO)
- Geneva 2014: Volkswagen T-ROC concept previews a new SUV range
- Peugeot 308 is the European Car of the Year 2014
- Bugatti Veyron Vivere by Mansory debuts at the Geneva Motor Show
- Koenigsegg Agera One:1 revealed – world’s first Megacar