Aston Martin Chief Executive Dr. Ulrich Bez is to auction his company Rapide at this year’s annual Bonhams auction at Newport Pagnell, with all proceeds to go to charities providing aid to victims of the recent earthquakes and Tsunami in Japan. In support of the initiative, Bonhams has also committed to waiver its commission on this lot.
Dr Ulrich Bez said: “Nobody could have failed to be moved by the recent events in Japan and we at Aston Martin are no exception. After many years presence in the market and closer ties being forged with the Japanese automotive business in recent projects, we have many friends in the region and we wanted to do something to help.
Chassis number ‘F00039′ is a UK specification, right hand drive Aston Martin Rapide built in late 2009 for the exclusive business use of Dr Ulrich Bez, Aston Martin’s Chief Executive Officer since 2000.
The 2011 Bonhams Aston Martin Auction opens from 9am on Saturday 21st May at Aston Martin Works Service in Newport Pagnell, Buckinghamshire.
- Nissan GT-R Gentleman Edition announced in France
- 2014 BMW M5 and M6 line-up launched gets an optional Competition Package with extra 15 hp
- Aston Martin centenary celebrations continue – CC100 Speedster Concept debuts at the ADAC Zurich 24 Hours race
- New redesigned Subaru Forester first to ace new crash test (video)
- Audi R8 V10 by ABT Sportsline packs 600 hp
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class debuts in Hamburg
- Tesla Model S: The Best Car Ever?
- 2014 Cadillac XTS gets a twin-turbo V6 with 410 hp – automatic parking assist
- Watch a horrifying Ferrari 458 crash at the Suzuka Circuit in Japan
- This is how the Audi R8 is handcrafted at the Neckarsulm factory (video)