New Aston Martin Rapide S, replaces the outgoing Rapide in markets worldwide with more power and a revised front end design, that is matched at the back by a striking new rear deck profile which includes a more pronounced boot lid ‘flip’.
Power from the new updated 6.0 liter V12 engine is up by 17% or 80 bhp from 470 bhp at 6,000 rpm to a now very substantial 550 bhp at 6,750 rpm.
Peak torque is up from 443 lb.ft to 457 lb.ft at 5,000 rpm.New Rapide S shaves 0.4 seconds off its 0-60 mph time, which drops from the 5.1 seconds of the current car to just 4.7 seconds for the new model. Top speed climbs, meanwhile, to 190 mph.
The engine is now even more efficient, too. Despite the very significant increase if peak power and torque, the Rapide S is appreciably more economical than before. European CO2 emissions drop by seven per cent – from 355 g/km to 332 g/km – while fuel economy now stands at 19.9 mpg on the official EU combined cycle (US data to be confirmed).
The latest Gen4 iteration of Aston Martin’s hi-tech Adaptive Damping System (ADS), now offers three distinct settings: ‘Normal’, ‘Sport’ and ‘Track’, with the character of each being tailored to the nature of Rapide S.
As with the new DB9, the new Rapide S achieves compliance with the latest European pedestrian protection regulations courtesy of its innovative new front grille design.
The lowered engine (by 19mm), new bonnet, new front bumper construction and new grille combine to deliver a uniquely innovative approach to pedestrian impact protection.
- McLaren P1 laps the extreme Nürburgring in less than seven minutes (VIDEO)
- 400th Bugatti Veyron sold – just 50 models of the super sports car are still available
- Video: Crazy cyclist rides (BACKWARD) downhill on a wet mountain road in Norway at 50 mph
- This is the new 2015 Ford Mustang with EcoBoost power, independent rear suspension and sleeker design
- Epic video: Ferrari F50 drifting in slow motion – filmed with high speed camera
- Audi Q1 compact SUV confirmed – will be produced from 2016
- Lamborghini Veneno Roadster makes an exclusive debut on Italian aircraft carrier in Abu Dhabi
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition Convertible announced, priced from $77,450
- Rest in Peace! Fast and Furious actor Paul Walker dies in a car accident
- Lamborghini Veneno in motion – hear the V12 scream on the track!