New Aston Martin Rapide S, replaces the outgoing Rapide in markets worldwide with more power and a revised front end design, that is matched at the back by a striking new rear deck profile which includes a more pronounced boot lid ‘flip’.
Power from the new updated 6.0 liter V12 engine is up by 17% or 80 bhp from 470 bhp at 6,000 rpm to a now very substantial 550 bhp at 6,750 rpm.
Peak torque is up from 443 lb.ft to 457 lb.ft at 5,000 rpm.New Rapide S shaves 0.4 seconds off its 0-60 mph time, which drops from the 5.1 seconds of the current car to just 4.7 seconds for the new model. Top speed climbs, meanwhile, to 190 mph.
The engine is now even more efficient, too. Despite the very significant increase if peak power and torque, the Rapide S is appreciably more economical than before. European CO2 emissions drop by seven per cent – from 355 g/km to 332 g/km – while fuel economy now stands at 19.9 mpg on the official EU combined cycle (US data to be confirmed).
The latest Gen4 iteration of Aston Martin’s hi-tech Adaptive Damping System (ADS), now offers three distinct settings: ‘Normal’, ‘Sport’ and ‘Track’, with the character of each being tailored to the nature of Rapide S.
As with the new DB9, the new Rapide S achieves compliance with the latest European pedestrian protection regulations courtesy of its innovative new front grille design.
The lowered engine (by 19mm), new bonnet, new front bumper construction and new grille combine to deliver a uniquely innovative approach to pedestrian impact protection.
- Aston Martin confirms bespoke super saloon: return of the Lagonda nameplate
- 2015 Porsche Cayenne facelift revealed with a sharper design and new engines
- Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations builds F-TYPE Concept to Support Team Sky in Tour de France
- All-new Volvo XC90 comes with an impressive list of safety features
- Chevrolet unveils a new SS Pace Car, will be driven by actor Chris Pratt at Brickyard
- Mazda unveils the all-new Mazda2 / Demio in Japan
- Audi A7 Sportback 3.0 TDI competition celebrates 25 years of Audi TDI technology