Artega GT is a limited series sports car that was designed by Henrik Fisker – a former Aston Martin designer who now runs his own company Fisker Motors.
Power comes from a VW-sourced 3.6-liter V6 located right behind the driver, producing 300 hp. Artega GT Coupe weighs 1100 kg (2425 lbs) and retails for approximately €75,000. Production is limited to roughly 500 units per year.
Currently the car is available only in Europe, though there is a rumor that the first car was sold to a New Yorker named Steven Gregory Balboa for an undisclosed sum.
Artega GT Coupe accelerates from 0-60 mph (0-96 km/h) under five seconds, while the top seed is 155 mph (250 km/h).
Since the Coupe debuted there have been talks about the Roadster version. Today we got a tip from one of our readers in Germany who had spoken with the Artega engineer, who revealed that the Roadster will be available already within 3-4 months. We have a feeling that the Roadster version will debut at the Geneva Motor Show in March. Stay tuned for more details.
Pictured below is the Artega GT Coupe:
- This is the new Honda Civic Type R Concept – production model to follow in 2015
- Mazda Hazumi concept previews next-generation subcompact – the new Mazda2
- Maserati Alfieri concept celebrates brand’s centenary at the Geneva Motor Show
- New Vauxhall Adam S revealed with 148bhp
- This is the new third-generation Audi TT with up to 310 horsepower in the TTS model
- Alfa Romeo 4C Spider “avant-prémiere” previews production model, scheduled to enter production in 2015 (VIDEO)
- Rembrandt Bugatti Legend based on the Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse revealed, priced from 2.18 million euro
- Apple unveils CarPlay at the Geneva Motor Show – an all-new way to control your iPhone through your car (VIDEO)
- Geneva 2014: Volkswagen T-ROC concept previews a new SUV range
- Peugeot 308 is the European Car of the Year 2014