The second generation BMW 1 Series continues to be the only rear-wheel-drive model in its class. Compared to the outgoing model it is sportier and more fuel-efficient than before, and significantly more comfortable and spacious.
For the first time, all the petrol and diesel engines for the BMW 1 Series now feature new BMW TwinPower Turbo technology. A new generation of 1.6-litre petrol engines: BMW 116i with 136 hp, BMW 118i with 170 hp. Redesigned 2.0-litre diesel engines: BMW 116d with 116 hp, BMW 118d with 143 hp, BMW 120d with 184 hp.
Also scheduled for launch soon is the BMW 116d EfficientDynamics Edition, with a 116-hp 1.6 litre diesel engine and additional fuel-saving technologies that will keep CO2 emissions over the EU testing cycle down to just 99 g/km.
Compared to the previous model the body is 85 mm longer, wheelbase 30 mm longer, front track 51 mm wider and rear track 72 mm wider. The height remains unchanged, but inside there is now 21 mm more rear legroom and luggage compartment is expanded from 330 to 360 litres. Luggage capacity is expandable to a maximum of 1,200 litres with rear seats folded down (40/20/40 seats available optionally).
- ATS Leggera revealed – a new two-seat roadster from Italy
- Aston Martin confirms bespoke super saloon: return of the Lagonda nameplate
- 2015 Porsche Cayenne facelift revealed with a sharper design and new engines
- Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations builds F-TYPE Concept to Support Team Sky in Tour de France
- All-new Volvo XC90 comes with an impressive list of safety features
- Chevrolet unveils a new SS Pace Car, will be driven by actor Chris Pratt at Brickyard
- Mazda unveils the all-new Mazda2 / Demio in Japan