The second generation BMW 1 Series continues to be the only rear-wheel-drive model in its class. Compared to the outgoing model it is sportier and more fuel-efficient than before, and significantly more comfortable and spacious.
For the first time, all the petrol and diesel engines for the BMW 1 Series now feature new BMW TwinPower Turbo technology. A new generation of 1.6-litre petrol engines: BMW 116i with 136 hp, BMW 118i with 170 hp. Redesigned 2.0-litre diesel engines: BMW 116d with 116 hp, BMW 118d with 143 hp, BMW 120d with 184 hp.
Also scheduled for launch soon is the BMW 116d EfficientDynamics Edition, with a 116-hp 1.6 litre diesel engine and additional fuel-saving technologies that will keep CO2 emissions over the EU testing cycle down to just 99 g/km.
Compared to the previous model the body is 85 mm longer, wheelbase 30 mm longer, front track 51 mm wider and rear track 72 mm wider. The height remains unchanged, but inside there is now 21 mm more rear legroom and luggage compartment is expanded from 330 to 360 litres. Luggage capacity is expandable to a maximum of 1,200 litres with rear seats folded down (40/20/40 seats available optionally).
- Watch upset motorist in East London drive off flatbed tow truck to avoid parking ticket
- Retro-styled Evanta Barchetta debuts at Goodwood Revival
- This Is Real, No CGI Here! Watch Amelia and Roel Dance On The Wall Of City Hall In Oakland
- Mercedes-AMG GT Roadster rendered with a black soft top
- “Project: Secret!” in the Porsche Museum will showcase 14 never-built studies, concepts and prototypes
- Stolen Jaguar XK-E gets returned to its rightful owner after 46 years
- Giant Manta Ray Tangled In Fishing Line Asks For Divers Help (VIDEO)