The new RS6 Avant is powered by twin-turbo 4.0-litre V8 TFSI engine which replaces its predecessor’s 5.0-litre twin-turbo V10 TFSI. Peak output is 560 hp. 0-62mph comes in an impressive 3.9 seconds, top speed is electronically limited to 155 mph and with the Dynamic plus package can be raised to 189mph.
The 4.0-litre TFSI is connected to an eight-speed tiptronic transmission featuring shortened shift times and offering ‘Sport’ and ‘Manual’ modes with power sent to quattro permanent all-wheel drive system with torque vectoring.
The new RS6 Avant is also the first RS model to feature adaptive air suspension, which lowers the body by 20 millimetres, and incorporates controlled damping which takes into account road conditions, driving style and the mode chosen.
Other RS6 specific highlights include high performance brakes, 20 or 21-inch wheels, matte aluminium applications on the body, matte black honeycomb radiator grille, the bumpers, the wings, the sill flares, RS logos and the large roof spoiler. At the rear ar the typical large elliptical exhaust tailpipes.
- Watch upset motorist in East London drive off flatbed tow truck to avoid parking ticket
- Retro-styled Evanta Barchetta debuts at Goodwood Revival
- This Is Real, No CGI Here! Watch Amelia and Roel Dance On The Wall Of City Hall In Oakland
- Mercedes-AMG GT Roadster rendered with a black soft top
- “Project: Secret!” in the Porsche Museum will showcase 14 never-built studies, concepts and prototypes
- Stolen Jaguar XK-E gets returned to its rightful owner after 46 years
- Giant Manta Ray Tangled In Fishing Line Asks For Divers Help (VIDEO)