The new RS6 Avant is powered by twin-turbo 4.0-litre V8 TFSI engine which replaces its predecessor’s 5.0-litre twin-turbo V10 TFSI. Peak output is 560 hp. 0-62mph comes in an impressive 3.9 seconds, top speed is electronically limited to 155 mph and with the Dynamic plus package can be raised to 189mph.
The 4.0-litre TFSI is connected to an eight-speed tiptronic transmission featuring shortened shift times and offering ‘Sport’ and ‘Manual’ modes with power sent to quattro permanent all-wheel drive system with torque vectoring.
The new RS6 Avant is also the first RS model to feature adaptive air suspension, which lowers the body by 20 millimetres, and incorporates controlled damping which takes into account road conditions, driving style and the mode chosen.
Other RS6 specific highlights include high performance brakes, 20 or 21-inch wheels, matte aluminium applications on the body, matte black honeycomb radiator grille, the bumpers, the wings, the sill flares, RS logos and the large roof spoiler. At the rear ar the typical large elliptical exhaust tailpipes.
- Volkswagen New Midsize Coupe Concept revealed
- All-new Ford Escort revealed – designed specifically to meet the needs of consumers in China
- Audi TT offroad concept show car revealed
- Volkswagen Golf R 400 concept is one wild hatchback with as much power as Porsche 911 Carrera S!
- Mercedes Concept Coupe SUV previews BMW X6 alternative
- BMW Vision Future Luxury concept debuts at the Beijing Motor Show
- Audi A3 declared 2014 World Car of the Year