The new RS6 Avant is powered by twin-turbo 4.0-litre V8 TFSI engine which replaces its predecessor’s 5.0-litre twin-turbo V10 TFSI. Peak output is 560 hp. 0-62mph comes in an impressive 3.9 seconds, top speed is electronically limited to 155 mph and with the Dynamic plus package can be raised to 189mph.
The 4.0-litre TFSI is connected to an eight-speed tiptronic transmission featuring shortened shift times and offering ‘Sport’ and ‘Manual’ modes with power sent to quattro permanent all-wheel drive system with torque vectoring.
The new RS6 Avant is also the first RS model to feature adaptive air suspension, which lowers the body by 20 millimetres, and incorporates controlled damping which takes into account road conditions, driving style and the mode chosen.
Other RS6 specific highlights include high performance brakes, 20 or 21-inch wheels, matte aluminium applications on the body, matte black honeycomb radiator grille, the bumpers, the wings, the sill flares, RS logos and the large roof spoiler. At the rear ar the typical large elliptical exhaust tailpipes.
- Maserati Alfieri concept celebrates brand’s centenary at the Geneva Motor Show
- New Vauxhall Adam S revealed with 148bhp
- This is the new third-generation Audi TT with up to 310 horsepower in the TTS model
- Alfa Romeo 4C Spider “avant-prémiere” previews production model, scheduled to enter production in 2015 (VIDEO)
- Rembrandt Bugatti Legend based on the Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse revealed, priced from 2.18 million euro
- Apple unveils CarPlay at the Geneva Motor Show – an all-new way to control your iPhone through your car (VIDEO)
- Geneva 2014: Volkswagen T-ROC concept previews a new SUV range
- Peugeot 308 is the European Car of the Year 2014
- Bugatti Veyron Vivere by Mansory debuts at the Geneva Motor Show
- Koenigsegg Agera One:1 revealed – world’s first Megacar