The new RS6 Avant is powered by twin-turbo 4.0-litre V8 TFSI engine which replaces its predecessor’s 5.0-litre twin-turbo V10 TFSI. Peak output is 560 hp. 0-62mph comes in an impressive 3.9 seconds, top speed is electronically limited to 155 mph and with the Dynamic plus package can be raised to 189mph.
The 4.0-litre TFSI is connected to an eight-speed tiptronic transmission featuring shortened shift times and offering ‘Sport’ and ‘Manual’ modes with power sent to quattro permanent all-wheel drive system with torque vectoring.
The new RS6 Avant is also the first RS model to feature adaptive air suspension, which lowers the body by 20 millimetres, and incorporates controlled damping which takes into account road conditions, driving style and the mode chosen.
Other RS6 specific highlights include high performance brakes, 20 or 21-inch wheels, matte aluminium applications on the body, matte black honeycomb radiator grille, the bumpers, the wings, the sill flares, RS logos and the large roof spoiler. At the rear ar the typical large elliptical exhaust tailpipes.
- Audi A3 declared 2014 World Car of the Year
- 2015 Dodge Charger facelift revealed with a full-body makeover
- SRT Viper GTS Anodized Carbon Time Attack debuts at the New York Auto Show
- First interior images for the new Mercedes-AMG GT supercar revealed
- Audi RS 7 dynamic edition to debut at the New York Auto Show
- First 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 auctioned for $1 Million
- Land Rover Discovery Vision Concept revealed, debuts this wee at the New York Auto Show