The new RS6 Avant is powered by twin-turbo 4.0-litre V8 TFSI engine which replaces its predecessor’s 5.0-litre twin-turbo V10 TFSI. Peak output is 560 hp. 0-62mph comes in an impressive 3.9 seconds, top speed is electronically limited to 155 mph and with the Dynamic plus package can be raised to 189mph.
The 4.0-litre TFSI is connected to an eight-speed tiptronic transmission featuring shortened shift times and offering ‘Sport’ and ‘Manual’ modes with power sent to quattro permanent all-wheel drive system with torque vectoring.
The new RS6 Avant is also the first RS model to feature adaptive air suspension, which lowers the body by 20 millimetres, and incorporates controlled damping which takes into account road conditions, driving style and the mode chosen.
Other RS6 specific highlights include high performance brakes, 20 or 21-inch wheels, matte aluminium applications on the body, matte black honeycomb radiator grille, the bumpers, the wings, the sill flares, RS logos and the large roof spoiler. At the rear ar the typical large elliptical exhaust tailpipes.
- 2014 Hyundai i20 WRC revealed, team named as Hyundai Shell World Rally Team
- Bye bye Holden! General Motors to cease manufacturing in Australia by 2017
- Hear the new 2015 Ford Mustang GT Rev its V8 at Cars & Coffee (VIDEO)
- Porsche announces Cayenne Platinum Edition – priced from $63,300
- McLaren P1 laps the extreme Nürburgring in less than seven minutes (VIDEO)
- 400th Bugatti Veyron sold – just 50 models of the super sports car are still available
- Video: Crazy cyclist rides (BACKWARD) downhill on a wet mountain road in Norway at 50 mph
- This is the new 2015 Ford Mustang with EcoBoost power, independent rear suspension and sleeker design
- Epic video: Ferrari F50 drifting in slow motion – filmed with high speed camera
- Audi Q1 compact SUV confirmed – will be produced from 2016