The new RS6 Avant is powered by twin-turbo 4.0-litre V8 TFSI engine which replaces its predecessor’s 5.0-litre twin-turbo V10 TFSI. Peak output is 560 hp. 0-62mph comes in an impressive 3.9 seconds, top speed is electronically limited to 155 mph and with the Dynamic plus package can be raised to 189mph.
The 4.0-litre TFSI is connected to an eight-speed tiptronic transmission featuring shortened shift times and offering ‘Sport’ and ‘Manual’ modes with power sent to quattro permanent all-wheel drive system with torque vectoring.
The new RS6 Avant is also the first RS model to feature adaptive air suspension, which lowers the body by 20 millimetres, and incorporates controlled damping which takes into account road conditions, driving style and the mode chosen.
Other RS6 specific highlights include high performance brakes, 20 or 21-inch wheels, matte aluminium applications on the body, matte black honeycomb radiator grille, the bumpers, the wings, the sill flares, RS logos and the large roof spoiler. At the rear ar the typical large elliptical exhaust tailpipes.
- Watch “perfect dudes” perform wild tricks with Fiat 500C Abarths
- British Grand Prix Preview
- All-new BMW 4 Series Coupe revealed, replaces the 3 Series Coupe
- Audi A4 Avant with 380 horsepower by ABT Sportsline
- 30 millionth Volkswagen Golf drives off the assembly line in Wolfsburg
- PICTURES: Porsche Cayenne S Diesel shows its off-road capabilities
- New Porsche LMP1 prototype revealed ahead of 2014 season
- Rolls-Royce Wraith coupe in motion on British country roads (video)
- SEAT Leon Verde plug-in electric prototype unveiled – based on Leon hatchback
- Lamborghini Sesto Elemento caught on the track at a special event in Nevada (video)