All-New Ford F-150 is here and it really shakes up the full-size truck segment as it is so much better than the outgoing model, that is already an impressive truck and also the best selling vehicle in the U.S.
F-150 is part of the Ford F-Series truck lineup, America’s best-selling truck for 37 consecutive years and America’s best-selling vehicle for 32 years.
The new F-150 rides on an all-new high-strength steel frame, the body is made of high-strength aluminum-alloy making the whole truck up to 700 lbs lighter than the outgoing model.
Some of the new class-exclusive features include 360-degree camera view, integrated loading ramps stowed in the pickup bed, 400-watt power outlets inside the cab, LED headlights and sideview mirror spotlights, and remote tailgate release.
Other smart innovations include:
- Smart trailer tow module, using an all-new smart trailer tow wiring harness that helps identify and inform the driver of potential trailer connectivity issues, burned or unlit trailer marker lamps, and brake light and trailer battery faults
- Next-generation tailgate step, which is now fully integrated inside the tailgate and virtually invisible when not in use
- New 8-inch LCD productivity screen in the instrument panel
- Rear under-seat storage in F-150 Super and Crew cabs, providing hidden storage for valuables.
A new 2.7-liter EcoBoost with standard Auto Start-Stop and a 3.5-liter V6 engine join the proven 3.5-liter EcoBoost and 5.0-liter Ti-VCT V8.
The 2015 Ford F-150 is the strongest and most durable F-150 ever. It has been torture-tested in labs, at Ford proving grounds and in the hands of some of Ford’s most demanding truck customers for more than 10 million miles.
The all-new Ford F-150 will go on sale later this year with five primary trims: XL, XLT, Lariat, Platinum and King Ranch. Chrome appearance packages are available with XL, XLT, Lariat and King Ranch. Monochromatic sport appearance packages are available with XL, XLT and Lariat.
The FX4 off-road package can be added to most four-wheel-drive models.
- Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4 makes its global debut in Geneva with 610 horsepower (VIDEOS)
- BMW X4 Sports Activity Coupe revealed – public debut next month in New York
- This is the new Honda Civic Type R Concept – production model to follow in 2015
- Mazda Hazumi concept previews next-generation subcompact – the new Mazda2
- Maserati Alfieri concept celebrates brand’s centenary at the Geneva Motor Show
- New Vauxhall Adam S revealed with 148bhp
- This is the new third-generation Audi TT with up to 310 horsepower in the TTS model
- Alfa Romeo 4C Spider “avant-prémiere” previews production model, scheduled to enter production in 2015 (VIDEO)
- Rembrandt Bugatti Legend based on the Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse revealed, priced from 2.18 million euro
- Apple unveils CarPlay at the Geneva Motor Show – an all-new way to control your iPhone through your car (VIDEO)