Under the hood is a high-revving 4.4-litre V8 engine with M TwinPower Turbo package that develops 560 horsepower and 680 Nm of torque. 0-100 km/h comes in 4.4 seconds, 0-200 km/h on 13 seconds and the top speed is 250 km/h or 305 km/h with M Driver’s Package.
Fuel consumption is cut by more than 30 percent compared to the previous model – average fuel consumption is 9.9 liters/100 km, while the engine has 10 percent more power and maximum torque is increased by 30 percent.
Two individually configured set-ups for the car can be called up using the new M Drive buttons on the steering wheel; range of programmable parameters unique in the segment: accelerator responses, M Servotronic responses, Drivelogic shift program, DSC mode, Dynamic Damper Control and information in the Head-Up Display.
Typical M design features include front apron with extremely large air intakes for the engine and brakes; athletically flared wheel arches to emphasise wide track; hallmark M “gills” with integrated indicator bars; aerodynamically optimised rear apron with diffuser between the right and left-hand pair of twin exhaust tailpipes; gurney-style rear spoiler on the boot lid; 19-inch M light-alloy wheels in exclusive double-spoke design.
Inside you’ll find, M-specific instrument cluster in black-panel technology; newly designed, leather-covered centre console; M sports seats; standard specification also includes: Merino leather upholstery with extended features, exclusive Aluminium Trace interior trim strips, BMW Individual roof liner in Anthracite, electrically operated steering column adjustment, four-zone automatic climate control and ambient light.
- Range Rover Sport SVR laps the legendary Nordschleife circuit in Germany in 8 minutes 14 seconds
- Land Rover reveals third row seating for new Discovery Sport
- McLaren teases track-only P1 GTR with a massive rear wing and two exhaust pipes
- ATS Leggera revealed – a new two-seat roadster from Italy
- Aston Martin confirms bespoke super saloon: return of the Lagonda nameplate
- 2015 Porsche Cayenne facelift revealed with a sharper design and new engines
- Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations builds F-TYPE Concept to Support Team Sky in Tour de France