Dodge engineers retuned or redesigned virtually every part of the suspension for 2011, including 26 of 30 suspension bushings. The suspension and the geometry were completely rethought. The track is an inch wider, tire width increased from 215 to 225 millimeters and the vehicle is 12 millimeters lower in the front and 6 millimeters in the rear for a more aggressive stance.
A new and improved powertrain lineup includes standard 2.4-liter gasoline engine mated to a new smooth-shifting six-speed transmission or a new Pentastar V6 engine with 283 hp and 260 lb-ft of torque mated to a six-speed automatic transmission.
Designers developed the 2011 Dodge Avenger with new “soft touch” armrests and instrument panels, new, premium interior finishes for touch points that are not only pleasing to the touch but also to the eye. They also redesigned the heating and cooling outlets in the instrument panel to make them more appealing and better functioning. The 2011 Dodge Avenger also offers one of the quietest cabins in the segment with 45 new or upgraded sound-deadening treatments integrated throughout the vehicle.
Clever features include new ambient interior lighting and a new multi-function three-spoke Dodge steering wheel with integrated controls that allows drivers to operate the radio, cruise control, hands-free phone and other vehicle functions while keeping their hands on the wheel. Available cool technology includes voice command functions for hands-free phones, integrated USB port for streaming music, navigation and memo record, an iPod/MP3 jack, Bluetooth streaming music; Gracenote music identification; a hard drive that stores approximately 6,700 songs and remote start.
The 2011 Dodge Avenger will be built at the Sterling Heights Assembly Plant in Sterling Heights, Mich., and will arrive in dealerships in the fourth quarter this year.
- Aston Martin Vanquish Volante revealed – ultimate british open top GT
- Watch “perfect dudes” perform wild tricks with Fiat 500C Abarths
- British Grand Prix Preview
- All-new BMW 4 Series Coupe revealed, replaces the 3 Series Coupe
- Audi A4 Avant with 380 horsepower by ABT Sportsline
- 30 millionth Volkswagen Golf drives off the assembly line in Wolfsburg
- PICTURES: Porsche Cayenne S Diesel shows its off-road capabilities
- New Porsche LMP1 prototype revealed ahead of 2014 season
- Rolls-Royce Wraith coupe in motion on British country roads (video)
- SEAT Leon Verde plug-in electric prototype unveiled – based on Leon hatchback